Chapter 6

Heart been broke so many times I Don't know what to believe
Mama say it's my fault, it's my fault I wear my heart on my sleeve
Think it's best I put my heart on ice, heart on ice
'Cause I can't breathe
I'ma put my heart on ice, heart on ice
It's gettin' the best of me
-Rod Wave

Normani

After I found Dinah crying and packing we left. Three days went by before we gathered as much as we could leaving our rings. If he is not willing to fight, there is no reason to continue this relationship. This also caused her to stress out so much now she's on strict bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. "Thank you baby." "You know I got you." "I know." She started crying. "Aww babe." "I am so sorry Mani. I ruined everything for you." "No you did no such thing." "Maybe if I'd just said no we wouldn't be here." "If you would have said no would we have her? Like I said I'm not leaving you or our princess." I technically didn't give up my old place. It made more sense to have it for my folks when they visit instead of paying for hotels. "We are going to be fine. This is something he has to fix, all we need to worry about now is keeping you and baby girl healthy."

KT

Finally back in the states after a week. I really needed that time to go far away and just think. Figure out how to make things right. First thing on the to do list: deal with this backstabbing nigga. I've kept it out of the media so far but I need to handle this now to make sure it stays that way . This the type of shit that ruins brands. I can't lose my company or have my name ruined behind greediness. At first it was just one artist that came forward about not being paid but after the third I knew some shit wasn't right. P confirmed it all with the records. "My client, Mr. Ramos, is owed his earnings and royalties from the album. But we are willing to settle out of court for 2.5 million dollars. Since the album has made 4.8 million in sales."

"That's impossible when your client did not sign the contract with Ms. Robinson. This is the original contract signed and dated. Now we can agree Mr. Ramos did produce one song on the album and was compensated for his work with writing credits and sales. As it is right, the song was a leading single." They go back and forth. Irritating me more and more. "Can I say something?"

"Please Mr.Trevors." " I'm done trying to please you or your client. This is how we are going to do this. Option one: If you want I can do a one time payment of 750,000 to add with his previous compensation to make it a total of 1.5 million, but good luck trying to find another company to work with. Option two: you can take the revenue you have received, what is still coming in and what you have stolen. From there we depart on neutral terms. The song is still charting, the album is still selling, we are still being paid so why have this whole lawsuit. Why? Because you envy me. I tried my hardest to bring you up with me as someone who I considered my brother you go and try to take what is mine. Taking clients, bookings, even falsifying documents to receive more money. You lucky I don't have your ass locked up or worse. Either way your services are no longer needed here at KT Entertainment. The ball is in your court. Now excuse me gentlemen I have more important things to do." Getting up I began walking out like Lebron briefcase in hand.