Chapter 18

All the boys and girls sat together in the living room, falling asleep, still waiting for the answer.

That's when Lily heard a peck at the window.

As Lily quickly stood up to receive the letter

—"It's here!"— shouted Oliver as he hurried to the window, unconsciously pushing Lily back into the armchair where she was sitting.

—"Oliver!"— exclaimed Lily irritably.

Oliver didn't hear her complaint as he was already holding the letter in his hands and his eyes were scanning the text.

At this point everyone was silent, waiting for a reaction, good or bad, from Oliver.

—"Wood, what does the letter say?"— Harry asked impatiently.

Dear Lily,

I managed to convince the headmaster, it would be an honour for you to participate against our school's teams.

I'll expect you this Monday at 15:00.

Oliver read aloud with a big smile on his face and a tone in his voice where you could tell that even he couldn't believe it and everyone started cheering.

—"Shh!"— Hermione shushed them.

Lily was impressed by how Hermione with a simple "sh" could silence a whole room full of people, she spends so much time in the library that she already gained that talent as a librarian

—"You killed the mood, Granger,"— Fred said.

—"In case you forgot, this is a secret between those of us here and the entire house doesn't need to know about it"— said Hermione

—"She's right guys, we're going to have to keep pretending that we're still sad about Quidditch"— supported Lily.

—"Hey but he said Monday, that's tomorrow"— Ron pointed out.

—"You're right,"— Lily paused —"Alright, here's what we're going to do"— she said and everyone circled around to listen to her.

—"Oliver and I are going to come up with a game plan, while Harry, Hermione and Ron are going to figure out how to get out of here and get to Durmstrang without getting caught"— she pointed —"And lastly Fred, George and Ginny you guys take care of distracting Umbridge moments before we leave the castle so she doesn't notice our absence."—

—"Let's do this then,"— said Harry in agreement and consequently they all started to go their separate ways in groups to begin their chores.

Lily and Oliver set off on their way up the stairs towards their room.

—"Lily, can I have a word with you?"— Harry stops her by the arm.

—"Sure Harry"— she looked back at Oliver -"I'll catch up with you in a minute"—

He nodded his head slightly and continued on his way.

—"Everything alright Harry?"— asked Lily concerned as his breathing could be heard from the other side of the castle

—"Y-yeah, sure everything's fine everything's fine, it's just.... You know what, forget it,"— he said turning around.

—"Harry! What's wrong?"— asked Lily anxiously.

—"It's a silly thing Lily, just forget it, alright?"— he said and snorted through his teeth and walked out of the room.

Lily tried to catch up with him and prevent him to leave but failed, this annoyed her a little but she still made her way to Oliver's room.