Chapter 20

What the-

Lily, still standing like a statue, continued to turn her back on the voice, refusing to believe what she had just heard.

Until in a matter of seconds the voice insisted again —"Lily, is that you?"—

After considering the option of feigning insanity and moving on, she turned around facing the person that matched the voice.

A name came almost inaudibly out of her mouth.

—"Try not to look so impressed, I know I can leave people speechless,"— the boy fiddled with the cufflinks on his coat.

A small scoff slipped past her lips —"And apparently you're still so full of your prick self"— made her respond without any filter at all.

A cough was heard in the background so Lily turned over her shoulder.

—"Even though we're enjoying this tense conversation, are you going to tell us who it is or..?"— Harry pointed a single finger at the stranger.

—"No need, I'll introduce myself"— said the boy, after Lily demonstrated with a gesture her lack of enthusiasm for even thinking about the subject, he walked in Harry's direction and stood exactly next to Lily —"I'm Peter Jenkins"—

—"More like Jerkins"— she mumbled to herself.

—"Ha!"— he laughed sarcastically —"And Silly Lily here and myself used to date"—

Lily sighed —"Sadly that's true"—

Without even turning to them, Lily put one hand covering her face and with the other pointing behind her —"You two! Don't even think about it"— she paused menacingly between each syllable referring to the twins, but it was too late as they were already arguing about it

—"Silly Lily!"— Fred smacked George's shoulder —"George! How did we not think of that? It was a no-brainer!"—

—"It's so much better than Lilittle"— he commented disappointed that they hadn't thought of it sooner

Lily didn't know how to summarize who Peter Jenkins was in less than 2 minutes to her friends because the truth is that their story was a bit long.

Peter Jenkins, well he is who we could label as Lily's first love, the reality is that it was what many would call a complicated relationship.

It all started when Lily had just turned 14 and it was just one of the very rare summers when she stayed with her aunt and uncle instead of running away with Harry, from then on Lily must have assumed that nothing good would come of it,

That night there was one of those fancy dinners her aunt and uncle had with their equally pretentious friends which Lily couldn't stand but which she could imitate well enough to make Harry laugh, what she did was stay in the courtyard so as not to, as her aunt said, embarrass anyone and so she sat on the bench in the middle of the courtyard entertaining herself with some butterflies that were there.

It was then that she saw the back door open and there was Peter.

Bloody door that let him in.

Physically, if Lily were given a shot of Verisaterum and had no choice, she would be forced to admit that Peter was very handsome, to her taste of course.

Starting from top to bottom, his hair was black as the night sky from the very night she'd met him.

Bloody night.

Accompanied by blue eyes that shone like the stars that were in the same sky.

Bloody stars.