𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 ✔️

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Moo Shu To Go

SECURITY WAS A FEELING THAT ARYA LACKED IMMENSELY IN HER LIFE. She had never certainly had it as far as she could remember. She couldn't recall much from her younger years so wasn't entirely sure whether the younger version of herself did. But as far as she understood, after getting dropped off at the institute she hadn't felt it in a long time. She knew she had a secure home now and a secure job but that wasn't what gave her the feeling of security she yearned for. She didn't feel safe enough to be secure. But in Alec's bed with him holding her safely, She finally felt it--Even if it was just for a few moments.

Arya woke up first that following morning. She slipped out of the arm which was now holding her tighter and closer to his chest. The girl was cautious not to wake him up as she climbed out and rested the sheets back in place. She took a moment to look at him in his sleeping slumber but not so long that it would be creepy. His hair was tousled and a silhouette of a smile hung on his lips. His chest was slowly rising and falling and his lips were slightly parted. He looked like the perfect illustration.

She slipped out his bedroom door and closed it softly, pleading that a lurking Isabel wasn't hiding behind one of the walls or doors she would have to walk past to get to her room and surprising for Arya she wasn't.

The brown-haired girl managed to slide into her room, shower, get dressed and french plait her hair without anyone watching her leave.

After, she wandered into the main room of the institute to find no Alec, Izzy, Jace or Clary. She frowned and walked back to the hallway where all the bedrooms were and heard muffled shouting from the one furthest up the hall which was Jace's.

Inside was Alec—who was still wearing his pyjama bottoms but with a shirt slipped on top now—Clary and Jace. They were looking at the purple necklace which Clary had utilized to find where Dot was, numerous days ago. They were still in sleep clothes so she assumed that everyone had just woken up too.

"It's a portal shard. That's why your mother made sure you had it." Jace told the pair while Arya hovered in the doorway.

"All I know is what I saw," Clary told them and she sounded scared.

"What's going on?" Arya finally asked, walking into the room and everyone turned to look at her.

"Valentine spoke to me through my necklace," Clary told the girl and Arya froze slightly. That was the last thing she had expected to have happened.

"Oh, great." Arya sighed sarcastically, rubbing her head with her hand.

"Arya maybe you should go back to bed. You had an exhausting day yesterday." Jace worried for her. She had been almost killed by a demon and hadn't slept the night previously.