𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 ✔️

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Of Men And Angels

AFTER HER ARGUMENT WITH JACE, ARYA HEADED BACK TO THE INSTITUTE ALONE. The shadow hunter headed straight over to the training room floor where she found Hodge. "Arya, what can I do for you?" He asked, tossing two blades around in his hands.

"Train with me?" She asked and he nodded, changing to a stick and passing her another one. She knew what was going on at all times when she was training and knew she was in a risk-free situation—sort of.

The brunette tossed her stick between her hands before setting both her heeled boots in a stance where she was stable before they began. Hodge started with basic combat where they continued to block each other. After Arya ducked one of his shots and swung for his legs which knocked him to the side when he didn't expect it. She was at the top of her game, the words Jace used against her triggered her anger and only made her want to prove she was good.

She did a roundhouse kick which caused Hodge to take a step back. While he did so she used her stick to hoist herself in the air and flip over the man's shoulder, knocking her stick into both of his sides lightly.

He swung around quickly and swung towards her head again which she ducked, aiming her stick for his leg where he blocked it before they both took another stance and readied themselves again.

Arya noticed when Alec and Izzy also returned from the mission and headed over to their mother. They also noticed her letting her frustrations out against Hodge and were just grateful that she was back at the institute. Both were still furious at Jace—almost as much as Arya was. The three Lightwoods soon disappeared and Maryse smiled at the girls fighting skills before leaving with her children.

They continued their fight back and forth before Hodge swung his stick up and tried to knock down on her head. It gave her free access to his chest where she pocked her stick—signalling she had won.

Hodge chuckled at her while she dropped down on the step of the training room floor. "What's got you so frustrated?" He asked the brunette.

"Jace." She said bluntly and Hodge nodded. "He said some stuff that he probably didn't mean but still pissed me off." She grumbled and Hodge nodded.

"What did he say?" The blonde man asked.

"Apparently, I'm a bad fighter and an even worse shadow hunter." She muttered rolling her eyes and Hodge placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Look, if that wasn't just enough that you're a talented fighter, then you can ask anyone and they'll say the opposite. You are a better shadow hunter than most. Don't sell yourself short." He told her truthfully and she nodded with a smile.