𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 ✔️

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Bad blood

ARYAS BARRIER HAD BEEN KNOCKED DOWN ONCE AGAIN. Once Alec had carried her to the hospital wing of the institute, she had almost immediately passed out. She immediately became vulnerable to any memory's that wanted to work their way to the forefront of her mind. It was that dream again. The one that made her want to cry out in frustration because it made her feel so weak.

It repeated in her mind for however long it was she had been unconscious. Her parent's voices were becoming a haunting echo, then the slashing of the sword and the amount of blood and then Valentine's haunting grin. So after what felt like several haunting hours to Arya had been two days to everyone else.

So when she shot straight up awake in the hospital room, her head was spinning, her side was stinging and her skin was pasty. It was Jace who was beside her when she awoke and it was Jace who grabbed the bowl from her bedside, immediately recognise her urge to be sick.

The girl's hair had been tied back into a ponytail but the residual hairs which strayed from the bobble
stuck to the sweat on her forehead. She was a mess. Too afraid to even close her eyes. Jace didn't know what to do or say either. He ran a hand up and down her back until her breathing had levelled again but she could feel the awkwardness in the air.

"Marissa!" Jace had called and it echoed like a drum in her head. It wasn't long until the woman came striding into the room, a relieved look on her face seeing the girl was awake.

"Arya." She breathed out relief.

Things felt different in the air, like an awkward tension. Jace hadn't said a word to her and she hadn't a clue why. Marissa looked nervous and also relieved, Izzy was nowhere to be seen and nor was Alec. What was happening?

"A Ravener Demon." She forced it out of her dry throat which lead to Jace getting her a glass of water. "It was dark. Pitch black and then it came out of nowhere." She explained and Marissa nodded along as she told her while Jace ran a hand through his hair. Neither made much move to say anything else and she hated the tension she could feel. "What's happened? What's going on?" She asked and Jace started to stumble on his words.

"Nothing. Why don't you go and clean up, I'm sure you'll feel much better afterwards." She smiled motherly and Arya reluctantly nodded. Something had changed in the institute—she didn't like the way it felt.

After the girl had showered and changed into her usual attire with a warm black jacket, she headed into the main floor of the institute. Her side ached but it had completely healed up, she just needed a few training sessions to get herself back to the way she was before.

She walked onto the training room floor and it was empty. She grabbed a stick from the side of the room and started to practice her form. She swung the stick between her fingertips and jabbed it into the air as if she was fighting against someone. It was slowly taking her thinking away from the cold shivers she had grown accustomed to getting, as well as the pounding in her head.

She could see Marissa watching her from the doorway—more than likely making sure she hadn't lost her form. Arya was known for being their best fighter—they couldn't risk her being out of commission—she was vital. And once the woman had made her deduction she left Arya alone, again.

She took a few more swings into the air just as the wall opposite her crashed down as if it was made of paper. She jumped back and behind the dust that the rubble had created appeared a forsaken. Arya quickly grabbed a seraph blade along with her stick as it started to fight her. It was ruthless—out for blood. With a hit to its sides, blocking its swings with its axe hits to the chest and ducking the blade—Hodge was the only one who stepped in to help, grabbing his blades he helped her to fight it off. The forsaken knocked Hodge to the ground and embedded its axe in Arya's arm but Hodge got up again and snapped its neck—he killed it.

Seconds after the monstrous creature dropped to the ground, Izzy ran in. It was the first time she had seen her since she woke up but never the less she accepted her help. "Oh, my god! Arya, are you okay?" She asked worriedly. She had only just recovered from one set of injuries and now she had sustained another.

Her only response was to nod as the three of them
stared at the forsaken which lay on the ground between them. "Okay, What the fuck is going on?" She demanded. Something was eerie about the way people were acting. Something had shifted.

Okay, this is only short the next one will be longer but it's just a filler chapter before everything can continue.

Sorry, it's taken me so long to post but I'm going to be doing a lot of it this weekend.

Xoxo—LCC

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

WORDS: 894