𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Arya

ARYA WAS IN NO MOOD TO HELP THAT MORNING. Isabel had asked her multiple times what her opinion on different coloured fabrics for Alec and Lydia's wedding was but she couldn't care less. As her foot hit the punching bag in the centre of the training room for the millionth time she let out a frustrated groan. She was ready to body slam the thing and on top of that, she could barely speak to anyone without snapping at them—which was the exact reason she was hidden away in the training room instead of conversing or helping.

She just couldn't understand her stupidity. She let him break down her defences, and for what. He was the only person who had managed to do it yet resulted in being the person to rebuild them. He ruined that. So there she was, back to being the cool, conserved, reckless Arya that everyone thought was gone.

"Arya?" Someone called from the doorway. "What?" She unintentionally replied snappily and harshly. The brunette turned to see Clary at the doorway and felt slightly guilty since she hadn't exactly done anything to deserve it. "Sorry, Clary, I've just got a lot on my mind." She mumbled, running a hand through her already messy hair.

"Yeah, I get it, don't worry about it. Izzy told me you were in her and I just needed some help with my right hook. Do you mind?" She asked calmly, walking further into the training room where Arya had ceased taking her anger out on the punching bag.

"Yeh, sure." She smiled and proceeded to get the redhead to copy her movements and they try it out on herself. The pair practised for what seemed like an hour or so—also trying some combat before they exited the training room.

Arya felt calmer and less frustrated and somehow Clary had helped to relieve some of the anger she had been feeling. It had been subsided at least. Or it was until she exited and was once again joined by the guests arriving and the wedding planners and decorators who fleeted between the people with boxes and sheets of flowers and cloth.

The redhead and brunette walked over to a table in the centre of the main floor where Magnus sat at the end and Jace paced around. They took a seat on the same side while Jace awkwardly took one opposite Arya.

"Morning." Clary greeted awkwardly and Arya sympathetically smiled at Jace.

"Morning." He said quickly and Magnus watched their exchange, fleeting his eyes between the pair as they spoke. "You two just come from training?" He asked since it appeared to be the only thing Jace and Clary could converse about after being told that they were siblings. It was awkward between the pair and that was putting it lightly.

"Yeah. I'm, uh, workin' on my right hook." She nodded and crossed her arms across her chest awkwardly.

"Good. That's a good punch." Jace commented and Magnus and Arya shared a look—it was even slightly awkward between the pair of them, given Arya had technically turned him down to go on a date.