𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 ✔️

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Rise Up

ARYA WAS STARTING TO THINK SHE WAS BEING TARGETED. The giant gash in her arm seemed to prove so. And how the forsaken had gotten past the guards was something Arya didn't even want to think about through the risk of her head exploding with confusion.

"It doesn't hurt, I'm fine." Arya insisted, activating her healing rune while she walked towards her room with Izzy trailing behind her. She looked more like her mother than ever and that just raised more questions as to what had happened in the two days she wasn't there.

When Arya's phone started to ring, Izzy was quick to steal it and answer giving the brunette a sharp stare. "Heal and then you can talk." She ordered and that just ignited something in Arya that made her angry. She was angry with everyone and on the verge of lashing out at someone.

"I'm fine, Izzy. And I would be ten times better if someone told me what has been going on around here these past few days." She complained but Izzy ignored her and took the call off of her phone.

The brunette groaned and headed out into the main floor of the institute. At the head of the stairs was Robert, Alec and Magnus. The warlock was more than likely securing the perimeter and the men were discussing how much safer it would make them when Robert spotted Arya at the other side of the room. A smile tugged on his lips knowing that she was okay—she must have been to fight off a forsaken.

"Arya." He said gently as he walked over, Alec and Magnus a short distance behind him. "Marissa told me you woke up and then that you fort of that thing. Are you okay?" He asked cautiously and she nodded—she hated that she had to constantly assure everyone. "Good." He smiled. "I'll be sure to tell max when he returns from Idris—you gave him quite the fright." The man said sympathetically and Arya's heart practically melted for the young boy.

She could scarcely remember what happened before everything turned foggy. She remembered following the tunnels back to the institute where she found Alec, she remembered...kissing him and she remembered hearing him call for his parents. He sounded so worried and now he looked as if he couldn't wait to escape her presence. "Thank you, Robert." She smiled and he nodded, gently patting her none injured arm before going to deal with the new head of the institute—Lydia— Izzy had told her about.

"Are you okay?" Alec asked her awkwardly and she nodded again. Why was he making it so awkward?

"I'm fine, Alec. Thanks for whatever." She sighed, walking away from the raven-haired boy. He didn't even seem bothered she was awake. So she didn't seem bothered to see him again. Something had changed over those two days. And she was becoming sick of people tiptoeing around her.

"Yeah—" He started to say but she had already left—leaving him to stand with Magnus who patted him on the shoulder and smirked.

"I hear congratulations is in order." He provoked and Alec glared at the warlock. "Appears what Isabel told me may not be true if your marrying to become head of the institute." He said and it sounded as if he was scolding the shadow hunter. "Maybe you should tell her..before she finds out from someone else." He warned before also leaving to find Lydia.

Sorry, this is a really short chapter! I've been busy with school work but I am going to post some more chapters this weekend.

I'm currently watching Mr and Mrs Smith it's such a good film. So once I've finished that, I'm going to write a few chapters and post them as soon as they're edited so you don't have to wait much longer.

But anyway, I don't like Alec in this chapter—even tho I'm the one who's writing him to be a dickhead. Guess that must mean I'm doing something right aha.

Xoxo—LCC

WORDS: 686