𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 ✔️

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Rise Up

ARYA WAS FRUSTRATED. She hated being out of the loop and mentally cursed herself for letting that monster get its claws on her. The girl wasn't sure whether she was imagining it or whether everyone actually was treading on eggshells around her. People were either uncommonly nice to the brunette or gave her a sympathetic glance as she walked past. She knew it couldn't possibly be because of her injury, it just didn't seem right.

While she was busy returning to her training—trying to prove to everyone and herself that she was ready to get back out into the treats if New York—Meliorn arrived, accompanied by a flat-faced guard who
appeared to be in no mood for his current task.

"Meliorn?" Isabel walked over, encasing the man in a short but sweet hug. It had been weeks since she had seen him properly—before their breakup being the last full conversation. But never the less they were friends. After all, in the world of shadow hunting emotions couldn't be present—anything from Love to Anguish was deemed as something which could interfere. "What are you doing here?" She questioned, stepping away nervously.

"The clave called me in for some kind of conference." The Seelie explained, his low hanging coat, dragging across the tempered floors ever so slightly.

"I'm so happy to see you." Isabel expressed.

"Spare me. You're fire message clearly stated you never wanted to see me again." He scoffed.

"My family—" She tried to excuse.

"Despises downworlders?" He snappily concluded. "That's common knowledge."

"That's not true." Isabel denied quickly. "And even if it were, I'm not like that." She insisted sadly but Meliorn didn't seem phased.

"I'm not here to talk about us. I believe that's your clave envoy." He spotted, brushing the conversation off as the new leader of the institute approached him—Isabel at his side.

"Isabel, please step aside." Lydia requested sternly but Isabel ignored her so the blonde woman continued with the task at hand. "Meliorn, the clave has ordered that you be placed under arrest." She told them bluntly.

"What?" Meliorn asked astonished.

"What for?" Isabel interjected.

"Soliciting state secrets from a shadowhunter on behalf of Valentine Morgenstern." She decreed, the ruckus gaining Arya's attention from off the training floor.