5.L O V E Y O U R Z

Opposition testing me

And they prayin on my downfall to the wrong priest

Blood stains on the sheets

How you wanna do it? I could be the one to prove it.

✵ ♡ ✵

WHEN I WOKE I LAID UPON A COUCH IN AN ANTIQUE FILLED LOUNGE, everything screaming with age. I groaned as I sprang up, my body soar from how much magic I had used. Instantly a hand was placed upon my shoulder forcing me back down gently before I could get even halfway up.

"Lay down, your body is still healing." Bonnies voice was stern, but I could hear the undertone of her sorrow and worry.

My thoughts were confirmed once I turned to meet her gaze, her eyes filled with guilt and brimmed with tears. I sighed deeply, gently moving her hand as I shook my head, "There is no guilt you should feel, I am my own, I make my decisions, I know my consequences."

I placed my hand on hers, gently squeezing with reassurance that I'm still here, I'm still breathing. "What I did, I would do a million times again if it meant keeping you alive Bonnie, this world has not been kind to me. But you have been one of the very very few reasons I am glad I am still here."

I kept the Parabatii to myself, I would tell her once I deemed right. She went to speak before a voice interrupted her, "what a bore."

My head snapped to Damon, my eyes set in a fiery glare, this man had begun to truly get under my skin. A simple commoner, who walked with such fake confidence and was filled with nothing but self pity and self hatred that he instead inflicted upon others the pain he felt. I wouldn't entertain his childlike antics, he didn't deserve the energy nor the satisfaction.

"Anyways, now that your done cozying up to the possible threat." He gestured to me, his eyes set with distrust once landing on me for a few short moments. I laughed softly to myself, he should feel threatened, a simple lowly vampire like him was no match against such nobility.

His eyes were now angry, and I again felt myself fill with pride, how pathetic. He went to make another comment towards me before Bonnie stopped him sharply, no doubt also tired of the man child.

"Damon. Just spit it out please."

"Well damn witchy, I was just going to tell you that I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when blue over here got rid of Vicki." Damon spoke, though his voice was filled with mischief, you could feel his exasperation.