3. M A N Y M E N

Many men

Wish death 'pon me

But I don't cry no mo

I don't look to da sky no mo

Cause I got it on me

You can run up if you want

✵ ♡ ✵

I SMILED SOFTLY AS SUNLIGHT WARMED MY SKIN, my eye lids turning a bright red against the rays, like I used to wake back home. I was used to the sun being the first thing I saw when I woke back home the fresh smell of the moon saying goodbye as the sun barely passed it's old friend. I had grown accustom to waking at sunrise, as that was the only time I could escape my father and brother.

That all washed away when I opened my eyes, my stomach churned as the crash flashed through my mind, how my crystals power was being siphoned from me. But how could Bonnie manage without even knowing of it? Or did she know and was this all just a plot. Or maybe the man in the road..

More and more emotions came over me, and I couldn't hold the sobs that soon followed, I had failed Atlantis and my people. I didn't even register the door opening, or the floor creaking, not even the damn bed dipping downwards. But, when a warm hand touched my bare shoulder, electricity trailed as they softly rubbed my back in circles.

I couldn't help but shiver in pleasure at their touch, leaning into it, I didn't even realize that such a minor thing had completely derailed my train of thought. My heart paused when I looked up to meet a pair of familiar brown eyes, strong and chiseled face, almost like Aphrodite herself had placed him here to wreck havoc.

Yet, I couldn't help the butterflies that picked up in my stomach, the way my hands began to shake in fear of the fact that someone I had been dreaming of for the gods know how damn long is sitting before me. There was no way that this is real, so I sprang back, the blankets around me falling.

The cold breeze felt good against my body, I felt hot and nauseas, my anxiety on high alert. The man quickly stood and turned around, "maybe you would like something to cover yourself?"

I glanced down, I was no longer in my clothes from the day before, more flashes of the crash came back. My blood stained clothes, the gash on my side, him. My hands instinctively went to my side, feeling for any sort of pain, or scar.

I went to speak before he cut me off, "you healed the second I held you in the water, that little crystal around your neck I think had the most to do with it."