6. $ T I N G

Imagine our children

How fucked would they be?

Mommys a psycho, daddy lives in a dream

Don't take this the wrong way

I told you I'm sorry, couldn't thank you enough

But you put me in harms way

✵ ♡ ✵ MY FISTS SHOOK BY MY SIDE, my nails planted firmly into my palm

✵ ♡ ✵
MY FISTS SHOOK BY MY SIDE, my nails planted firmly into my palm. My mind felt hazy, adrenaline clawing it's way past the veil of fog taking over my thoughts. Coward! Coward! It shouted, like a mantra that was to be repeated everyday. The small amount of loyalty I had grown for Bonnie and her friends slowly began to dissipate, my mind thundering with the need to advance and protect.

The older man grabbed Elena's arm, pulling her close roughly his grip obviously right and discomforting, his knuckles a pure white. With a quick motion he gripped her neck, yanking her head awkwardly to the side and up. I winced, glancing away, guilt filling my hazy thoughts for just a moment.

"Come out and face me Niklaus. Or she dies." The man's voice was firm, truthful. His stone eyes unwavering, glued to Niklaus like an animal would to its prey.

"Go ahead kill her." Ah so he's a Social Darwinism type of guy, cut off the arm that weakens you.

"No Klaus he'll do it!" Elena shouted desperately. Though her voice sounded different, more mature. I tilted my head, squinting at the fake. This was not the Elena Gilbert I know, though I had known her a short time, I had come to gather she stuttered when under pressure or stressed. This Elena sounded confident, even with this man holding her life in his hands.

"If she dies, it will put an end to your abominations boy."

"I don't need them, just to be rid of you Mikael."

"To what end, Niklaus? So you can live forever? With nobody at your side? Nobody cares about you any more boy! What loyalty do you have besides those you forced? No one. No one!" Mikael shouted, I gritted my teeth at this, summoning my bōe staff. I could sense his patience leave at that very moment, his temper following. I could practically feel his blood lust.

"I'm calling your bluff father, kill her." Klaus's voice wavered, hurt trailing his words.

"Your impulse, Niklaus. It has and will forever be what keeps you from being great." Mikeal swiftly snaps Elena's neck, her body falling lifelessly to the floor in a heap.

He cackled darkly as a man appeared rushing Klaus, the sudden action stoped my reaction time for a second, as I rushed out the shadows Klaus already had him twisted in a strong grip. The dagger he had intended to use planted firmly in his stomach, though I knew they were smarter than to have only brought this weak newborn. Niklaus's head snapped in my direction as I left my prior position, recognition filling his ocean blues, the same fuzzy feeling Elijah had caused ensuing like wildfire.