1. A G A I N

Baby?

Oh, if I had the money?

Would that make you love me?

No, would that make you love me?

Again,
Again,
Love.

✵ ♡ ✵

✵ ♡ ✵

THE SLAMMING OF MY CAR DOOR RANG THROUGH THE EMPTY GAS STATION, I stomped through the endless puddles, pulling my hood to block the rain that pelted my face.

The wind was cold, and unforgiving, I brought my hands to my mouth in an attempt to warm them. I grasped the cold door, the bell above ringing as I stepped inside.

The cashier looked bored, his receding blonde hair on full view as he gazed at his phone, a half assed "hi" passing his lips. I hummed in greeting, shuffling to the drinks and grabbing an Arizona before wondering the store for snacks. My shoes squeaked as I walked, and I could practically feel irritation in waves from the man as they did so.

I rolled my eyes, quickly grabbing what I wanted and setting it on the counter. "$7.55"

His face was bland, and I had to hold back my urge to roll my eyes, "$40 on pump two please."

I finally reached his eyes, my striking blue meeting his dulled brown. His eyes widened at the marks that lit my face, them lighting up blue at the attention, almost as if they could sense it.

"What is that on your face?"

His tone held judgment, like he was already locked and loaded with his ignorance

His tone held judgment, like he was already locked and loaded with his ignorance. I looked away, pulling my hood further up my face, his attention was more than unwanted. Branding into my skin like hot iron, I hated it, it made me uneasy.

"Keep the change." I spat out grabbing my bag, swiftly pivoting on my right foot I walked out quickly. The cold slapped me in the face once more, the wind blowing my hood down and revealing my white braids. I got to my car with slight haste, after placing the bag in the passenger seat, I went back to fill the tank.