what happens when an immortal dies?

Chevron woke to terrible pain in his back and neck as if he had been sleeping wrong. Blinding darkness poked at his eyelids, demanding his attention. It was an effort, but Chevron opened his eyes. It was to no one's surprise that he was buried underground after seemingly just being thrown into a hole by the feel of his position. 

His heart was beating in his ears and a horrible stinging pain shook his body. His soul ached and his ears were ringing with the sounds of the same million voices, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. Chevron had died many times before, though having a proper burial was new. He felt around and felt the cold, wet hand of a corpse. Of Frisk... the one he had killed only moments easiler. He shuddered and dug his way through the dirt, eventually getting entangled in some roots, then finally, light. 

A shadow loomed above him, however, and someone grabbed his hand as it was flailing violently around to get himself out of whatever situation he was in. Chevron pulled on the hand and it pulled in return until Chevron's entire body was out of the ground. 

"See, I told you I didn't kill them," Error grumbled, leaning in the furthermost wall with his hands folded across his chest. 

 Dream gave Error the nastiest look before taking Chevron in a lovely friendship hug, making Chevron cough up some dirt he had accidentally swallowed in the struggle. Dream smacked him on the back like a mother would a baby before spinning around again to face Error. 

"You two need to stop fighting! We can't have either of you go! You're part of the delicate balance of the multiverse, so why can't you just get along?" 

Error tsk-tsked and rolled his eyes. He stuck his hand out and lowered a Dream-looking puppet with some blue strings. "I've got such the hots for you, Error, because you're just so good at cleaning up those gross abominations that Ink leaves behind!" He said in a mocking tone. 

"No!" 

"I cry myself to sleep at night because my brother is a big meaning poo head but thinking about you erasing all that noise makes me so happy~!" Error continued.

"SshHHSHSHhhs! I DO NOT SOUND LIKE THAT!"

"does anybody even ship error and dream--?" asked the Author. 

 Error stuck his tongue out and waved away the puppet. "Sure sounds like it. I don't know why people talk you up as much as they do. But we are keeping the balance, by fighting each other. Isn't that right, Stripey?" 

Chevron wiggled his way out of the friendship hug and looked at Error. "Shut up, Abomination number 1, *we* do not keep the peace. I do. But then you always come in and ruin it." 

"YOU keep the peace?! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. How is punching children helping anyone?" 

"I'm stopping the universes from being reset, dumbass!" 

"You can't just go on a Frisk genocide and say that you're any better than me, stick boy!" 

Chevron charged at Error once again, but the fight was interviewed by none other than the prince of positivity. 

"Friends! Friends! I know that you don't see eye to eye on everything but please--!" Dream suddenly stopped in his tracks, holding both Error and Chevron in a chokehold. "I just had a wonderful idea! We should lock you two somewhere until you learn to get along! That's what mom did for me and Nightmare and we turned out just fine!"

A drip of ink on the wall seemed to agree with the horrible idea, and before they even knew what happened, Chevron and Error were in their own personal get-along AU.