Chapter 9

Beacrox's eyes widened as he realized how the young master was trembling. He quickly loosened his grasp on the red head's hands.

Meanwhile Cale...

'Augh this damn body

Seeing it from Beacrox's perspective

Suddenly seeing the young master, he is serving swooping around his kitchen and smelling the aroma of his soup without his permission and when you reprimand him, he trembles like he wasn't the one at fault...

...seems like this is the day I die at the hands of a chef'

"Young master!" shouted Ron who appeared out of nowhere.

Hearing Ron's shout snapped him back to reality.

No sound. No footsteps. Nothing signaled his arrival. As expected of an assassin.

'Scary old man'

"Young master, what is this?", Ron asked while holding one of Cale's reddened hands.

As Cale tried to open his mouth a firm gaze met his vision that led him to shut up.

"Young master, please go back to your room as this servant will follow up with the first aid kit"

Cale nodded his head in response to the old man, he quickly took the cookies on the table and went on his way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Human why did you take so long?!?!" shouted the young dragon as he snatched the cookies from Cale's hands.

"Hyung, I got the cookies!"

"Alright!"

As the two boys munched on cookies. Their elder sister quickly approached Cale.

"What took you so long Cale?"

Cale took the note pad and quill and wrote his response.

(Some things happened)

Cale said before he swiftly ran to his bed and laid face flat on the pillow.

Just thinking about the scolding he'll get from Ron and the children for his almost burnt hand is giving him a headache.

'But at least I don't have work to do anymore

Now that the war's over and everything is at peace

I can finally live my slacker life

Ah, I forgot to take some snacks for me...'

The savory aroma of the soup. The kids' cookies. Ron and Beacrox suddenly appearing in the kitchen. The thought of him getting snacks for himself vanished in the chaos.

Click

Ron approached Cale whose face is sunk on his pillow.

"Young master, can you let this Ron see your hands"

Flinch

'I didn't sense him.... must be his assassin's way of appearing out of nowhere again'

Cale sat up on the bed to write on the notepad.

(Sorry, I didn't hear you come in)

After showing Ron the message he wrote, he quickly put the pad on the side of the bed and showed his hands to the butler.

"GASP HUMAN WHY ARE YOUR HANDS RED?!?!?"

"Sigh Raon-nim the thing is the young master..."

Ron told the children what happened in the kitchen while putting ointment and bandages on Cale's hands.

"HUMAN you are not allowed to go outside of this room without someone going with you!"

"He's right Cale" stated On.

'Yes, yes I got it already'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click

The butler started to walk towards where the others were to inform them of what happened.

'not noticing his hands were getting burnt from the heat and not noticing me come in the room even though the click of the door should've alarmed him well enough.... even the kids noticed my presence immediately.

something is amiss'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9 End

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for 1.6k reads!!!! (Sorry for the short chapter(┬┬﹏┬┬) )