Chapter 10

Warning: cringe, spoiler about Cale's past

The moon was high in the sky. Cold winds blew by in the Forest of Darkness. There a group of people are currently...

Glaring at the floor.

After Ron told the others of what happened to Cale. Everyone froze for a lengthy amount of time and eventually glared at the floor as to ease their frustrations.

'We shouldn't have let them do suicide. We left them off to easily!'

Was what they were all thinking.

"Everyone let us all go to the dining room. It's about time for dinner to be served."

"Mr. Ron is right. We can't leave young master Cale waiting."

***

When the others arrived at the dining room. Cale and the kids were already in their seats and were waiting for them to arrive.

"What took you so long smart Rosalyn??"

"Ah me and the others just had a talk"

Though Raon was curios of what they talked about he decided not to ask since its meal time and they should be eating.

Beacrox entered with the food cart holding their meal and swiftly put everything on the table. Their dinner for today is 'Curried Chicken Soup paired with Fried Paneer Cheese Pakora'.

This is also the same soup that Cale smelled in the kitchen.

Everyone started to dive in to their food while Ron and Beacrox were on the side being on standby if anything happens and mostly to observe Cale.

Everyone had a light talk with each other while eating their food except for Cale. He just blankly ate the food on his plate... at least that's what the others see.

'Hmm so Rosalyn made a new potion with Eruhaben

Choi han got bombarded by compliments when he went to the Henituse Duchy, well that's to be expected since hes the hero...etc.'

"Young master"

'Oh, I ate it all'

"Young Master"

'The food was really delicious as expected of Beacrox- '

"Young MASTER"

Flinch

Cale quickly looked up to the side to see his butler's benign smile.

"Young master its seems that you didn't notice me again"

Cale averted his eyes to not meet the butler's glare.

"I'll be taking your plate now"

Cale nodded his head to the old man.

While Cale went back into his thoughts the others except for the children have noticed how Cale seems detached to his surroundings.

***

Cale was sleeping in his bed when the door suddenly opened and the head of a familiar butler appeared.

"Grandpa Ron?" mumbled a suddenly awoken cat.

"Hmmm what is it"

"What time is it...?"

All the children are now awake because of the opening of the door.

Ron quickly gestured with his hand to 'follow him' and the children quickly followed leaving Cale behind.

Click