Five

"Okay, here's the deal. You can sing if you're singing along with the radio. Otherwise, I better not hear a note pass your lips."

"But I don't know any of the songs you turn on. That's not fair!"

"Come on, surely you've heard some of these songs. They're classics!"

"They're ancient and not my type anyway."

Dean glared across the table at her. They had stopped at a diner for food and an argument had quickly ensued.

"Well, if you want to sing, you better learn to like them fast, because that's the only way I'll allow it."

"How am I supposed to sing songs I don't know the lyrics to, Dean?"

"Figure it out. Or don't sing."

Heaven pouted, letting out a sigh as she picked at her fries. Across from her, Dean smirked triumphantly, taking a big bite out of his burger.

"Give her a break, Dean," Sam piped up beside him. "She's just trying to keep herself entertained in the car."

"She can find other ways to entertain herself, or she can learn my music. Either way, she has to deal with it."

"You're impossible," Heaven mumbled.

"Thank you. Now hush up and eat your food. I want to get back on the road."

There was no response as the trio ate in silence. Before they left, Dean ordered a slice of pie to go and then they were piling back into the Impala.

"So, where to next?" Dean inquired.

***

They decided to stop at another motel while they figured out where to go next. Sam insisted on having his own bed again, earning a glare from Heaven and an eye roll from Dean, but they gave in. The next morning, Heaven was freshening up in the bathroom while Dean laced up his boots and Sam checked his appearance in a mirror when a man fell out of their closet.

"Which of you is John Winchester?" the man inquired.

Hearing the commotion, Heaven came out of the bathroom, freezing when she saw the new man by the closet.

"Please, time is of the essence. Which of you is John Winchester?" the man repeated, ignoring Heaven.

"Uh, neither," Sam spoke up.

"That's impossible," the man muttered to himself. "That's absolutely... What did I do wrong?"

"Who the hell are you, mister?" Dean demanded.

"Not now, I'm thinking," the man dismissed him.

Heaven grimaced, knowing that was the absolute wrong response to Dean's question. Sure enough, Dean lunged forward, pinning the man to the wall with an arm across his chest.

"Please," the man said. "I can assure you there's no need for violence. One of you must know John Winchester."

"Tell you what," Sam began. "When one of us falls out of your closet, then you can ask the questions."

"Yes, my apologies," the man nodded before looking at Dean. "Is it absolutely essential, sir, that you keep your hands on me?"

Dean hesitated before stepping back by Heaven.

"Thank you. Gentleman and lady, in the absence of any and all other explanations, I'm afraid this has been a marvelous and tragic misunderstanding. I'll be on my way."

"Yeah, that's not happening," Sam protested.

Heaven cocked her head, taking in the man's old-fashioned appearance and way of speaking as he continued to talk with Sam and Dean.