Nineteen

The room fell silent following Dean's question. It was clear from the fact that Crowley was still arguing with Heaven about it, that he was still clueless to her father's whereabouts, and the Winchesters obviously hadn't known anything about it until just a few minutes earlier, so unless Castiel was wrong and Heaven really did know something, the only person in the room who could theoretically know something was the angel.

"Come on, you're telling me that some guy somehow cheats himself out of a deal, you throw a hissy fit about it, and no one actually knows what happened to the guy?" Dean scoffed. "I find that very hard to believe. Because that would mean, he's either really good at what he does, or you guys are just stupid."

"Dean, stop it."

Everyone looked in surprise at the woman who had spoken. A little color had returned to her cheeks and she didn't look like she was about to faint at any second any more. Her blue eyes were staring up at Dean, ignoring the other three men in the room.

"But, Heaven-" Dean began.

"Stop it," she repeated. 

Dean clamped his mouth shut, glancing away from her to avoid her intense gaze.

"Okay, now that that is out of the way," Crowley broke the silence, "I think we should really move on with business. If someone doesn't tell me where Malak is right now, I'm taking her with me."

Dean automatically stepped forward slightly to block Heaven from Crowley's view.

"No one knows what happened to him, Crowley," Castiel addressed the demon. "His clock ran out and he disappeared- no trace of him anywhere. Believe me, the angels are just as curious about his whereabouts as you are."

"I'm not buying it. You have two minutes to tell me where he is or the girl is coming with me."

"You can't," Dean growled.

"Oh, I think I can. One minute."

"Let's not do anything rash here," Sam tried to reason with the King of Hell.

"Who said anything  about being rash? Time's up."

Sam and Castiel both moved toward Crowley while Dean blocked Heaven from the demon king. However, before any of them could blink, the demon had simply vanished. Dean spun around to check on the young woman he'd been protecting. But she wasn't there.

***

"Mr. Crowley, what went to your head? Oh, Mr. Crowley, did you talk to the dead? Your lifestyle to me seems so tragic, with the thrill of it all. You fooled all the people with magic. Yeah, you waited on Satan's call."

Heaven was unable to continue singing as the tune was cut off by her scream due to Crowley carving into her arm with a knife. After a moment, he stepped back, admiring his handy work as he wiped the blood from the blade with a handkerchief.

"You know there are nicer ways to make me stop singing," Heaven smirked at him, breathing heavily.

"You're a liar," Crowley said, ignoring her statement. "I don't tolerate liars."

"I'm really not," she shook her head.

"You so sure of that?" the demon's voice got low and menacing as he leaned in close. "Remind me, what really happened to your father?"

"You know what happened to my father. He made-"

"Liar."

Heaven screamed again as the knife cut into her skin once more. When her captor finished, four letters were carved crudely on her forearm: L-I-A-R.

"Maybe now you'll change your tune," the demon king smirked, turning away to get another means to torture the young woman.

"Sam and Dean... they're coming for me," she informed him. "You've got to realize that."

"And why would they? You've been lying to them from the moment they met you."

"You really are dead set on this whole 'liar' deal, aren't you?"

"And now, thanks to me, everybody will be able to see it."

"You're so certain about that? I mean, what if it doesn't scar? What if it just fades away."

"Oh, trust me sweetheart. When I'm done with you, the scars will be around for a long, long time."

***

"How can they just be gone?!"

"Dean, you have to calm down."

"Calm down?! Crowley just took Heaven God knows where, and you're telling me I have to calm down?!"

"Sam has a point, Dean," Castiel cut in. "We are never going to find them without keeping a clear head about this."

"Yeah, well, you can take that reasoning and shove it up your ass," Dean growled at the angel. "If you hadn't given her an ultimatum, then she wouldn't have felt pressured into telling us about her father, and maybe she would still be here right now."

"Crowley said himself he's been watching her for a while now, Dean," Sam tried to reason with his brother. "Even if Cas hadn't pressured her into telling us, he was bound to pop in at some point."

"There's something else you should know," Castiel added.

"What? What could possibly be so important right now? Shouldn't you be out looking for where that son of a bitch took her?"

"Heaven has been lying to you for a while now, Dean. Since the moment she met you."

"Excuse me?"

The angel sighed, glancing away before continuing.

"She isn't who she says she is. Her real name is Abigail Reynolds. She is an only child. Crowley did have a demon possess her and kill her mother after torturing her for information about her father."

"N-no," Dean shook his head, backing away from Castiel.

"I'm truly sorry, Dean," Castiel apologized, locking eyes with the hunter.

"N-no, you're wrong. Heaven wouldn't lie about who she is. Kevin said... He knew her name... He said..."

"The angels do talk of her. Abigail Reynolds, the girl who took on the name of Heaven to run from her past."

"You're lying. She told me... She said she..."

Castiel just stared back at Dean as he continued to shake his head, refusing to believe a word the angel was saying. Behind Dean, Sam was giving a sympathetic look in his direction. He had watched Dean and Heaven slowly develop feelings for each other during their time together, even if neither of them had admitted it yet.

"Okay, how 'bout we worry about what is or isn't true later?" the taller Winchester interrupted. "Right now, let's just focus on finding where Crowley took her. Agreed?"

After a tense moment of silence, both Dean and Castiel nodded in assent and the trio got to work.