Twenty-One

Crowley was keeping Heaven at 1322 Cherokee Road in Sulphur, Oklahoma, as Castiel was so kind to figure out before going awol.

"So, what's the plan, then?" Sam asked from where he was loading shotgun shells with salt. "Just go in, guns blazing?"

"Sounds like a plan to me," Dean nodded.

"We don't know what to expect when we get there, Dean."

Dean scowled at his brother for a moment.

"Okay, then listen. You and I go in, kill any demons we come across and we'll look for Heaven and work on getting her out of there. How's that for a plan?"

"Fine. Why don't you load up the Impala while I finish up the last of these and we'll head out."

"Sounds good."

***

"Hello, Abigail. Sleep well?"

"How many times do I have to say it? My name is Heaven, not Abigail, not Abi. Heaven."

"Sure it is," the King of Hell nodded sarcastically. "And I'm a happy ray of sunshine."

Heaven scowled at his back as he turned to pick up a pair of scissors and put the apron on he'd been wearing over his suit in order to not get blood on it.

"I assume you've had enough alone time with your thoughts to cooperate?"

"I told you. You can do whatever you want to me," Heaven informed him. "My answer is still going to remain the same. I don't know what happened to my father because I haven't seen him in years."

"You have such pretty long hair. When was your last haircut, do you think?"

"You wouldn't dare."

Crowley turned back around, opening and closing the scissors a few times.

"Didn't you just tell me I can do whatever I want to you? Unless you've changed your mind, and want to tell me what happened to your father."

Heaven remained silent as the demon looked at her expectantly.

"Alrighty then. Let's get started, shall we?"

Heaven squirmed in her seat as Crowley came closer, grabbing a chunk of her hair and opening up the scissors. However, before he could cut it, a noise in the hall outside the room distracted them both.

"Now, what might that be?" he muttered, moving away from Heaven.

He set the scissors down and took off his apron before making his way toward the door. In the hallway, he found two dead bodies of the demons he had guarding the room on the floor.

"Hey-a, Crowley," a voice spoke behind him. "I think you took something that doesn't belong to you."

"Squirrel," Crowley sighed, turning to face the hunter. "Was wondering when you'd show up to save your girlfriend. Where's Moose?"

The demon was grabbed from behind then, the demon-killing knife pressed against his throat.

"Right here," Sam growled in his ear.

"Pleasure as always, Sam," Crowley replied.

"Dean, go."

Dean wrenched open the door to the room Crowley had just come out of, hurrying inside. At the sound of footsteps, Heaven looked up, expecting to see the demon king returned. A wide smile lit up her face when she saw the hunter instead.

"Dean," she greeted him.

"Heaven. Let's get you out of here."

"Where's Crowley?"

"Sam's got him out in the hall," Dean informed her as he undid her restraints.

"You know, we always seem to end up back in this position together," Heaven observed. 

"What position?"

"Me tied up, you untying me."

Dean glanced up at her in the middle of undoing one of the knots.

"I guess this does happen a lot, huh?" he grinned.

Heaven just smiled back, giving him a wink as he went back to untying her. As soon as the last one was off, he helped her to her feet.

"Thanks."

"No problem. Let's get out of here."

Dean began to tug her toward the door, but she pulled him back.

"What?"

"Just shut up a moment and let me try something."

He furrowed his brow in confusion as Heaven stood on her tiptoes to reach him. And then she was pressing her lips to his, fingers fisting in his hair as both their eyes fluttered shut. One of his hands rested on the small of her back while the other pressed against the back of her head, deepening the kiss. After what felt like an eternity, they pulled back, resting their foreheads against each other as they attempted to catch their breath.

"Eight-year-old me was so wrong," Heaven breathed.

"What?" Dean asked her.

"Don't worry about it. We should get going."

"Yeah. Yeah, okay."

With one last quick kiss, Dean led her out of the room and out of the building to where Sam was waiting by the Impala.

"Where's Crowley?" Heaven asked them.

"In the trunk," Sam replied. "Glad to see you're okay."

"It's good to see you, too, Sammy."

As she went to get into the backseat, however, a house next to the one they had just left caught her eye.

"No way."

"Heaven?"

Heaven ignored Dean, walking toward number 1320.