CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE

As Josephine made her way to Tommy's office she could hear her kids squealing with laughter as Johnny Dogs entertained them in their playroom and the sound made her smile.

The house had been a weird place for the past couple of weeks and the children could easily tell something was happening with the grown-ups. Bonnie had been admitted to the hospital for his serious injuries and Aberama had been as well, for his arm while Johnny Dogs had temporarily moved in to recover from the beating Aberama had given him.

She knocked on Tommy's door and slipped in a moment after, making her way over to her husband who looked like he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders. She ran her hands over his shoulders then began to give him a light massage, just something to take the edge off. Neither of them spoke during this but when she was done, Tommy took her hand in his, pressed a kiss into her palm before pulling her onto his lap and nuzzling his head into her neck.

"Long day ahead?" Josephine asked as she ran her finger through his hair,

Tommy snorted, "When do I not"

"You're too ambitious for your own good. One day, I'd like you to take time off without me forcing you to do so"

Tommy's hands settle on Josphine's hips and he gives them a quick squeeze before he tilts his head up so that they're looking at each other,

"We both know how well that went the last time"

Josephine rolled her eyes, "All I'm saying is that, if you took weekends off twice a month then extended breaks wouldn't be needed. You like being busy, I know that so the odd day off here and there makes more sense for you. Besides, I wouldn't consider taking care of two children on a day off"

"It can't be any harder than it was trying to wrangle Arthur and John to do literally anything when we were younger"

Josephine let out a laugh, "Hmm, I don't know, your daughter is turning into your twin"

Tommy rolled his eyes, "She's two."

"I know, crazy right. Only two yet she has some of your mannerisms down to a t."

They fell into silence after enjoying each other's presence until Tommy spoke up again,

"Pol and I are going to the orphanage this morning"

Josephine knew what orphanage he was talking about, they've gotten reports of abuse and since they were the majority funder, they were going to have a meeting.

"You want me to come with you?"

Just then more laughter is heard as Johnny Dogs makes the children laugh again.

"And what, leave them with Johnny?" Tommy asked sarcastically

"And their nanny. I'm not crazy."

"It's fine, I'll be fine. Don't worry."

Josephine pressed a kiss to Tommy's forehead, "If you say so. Make sure you say goodbye to the kiddies before you go"

.•° ✿ °•.

It was only an hour or so after Tommy left when Josephine received a harried phone call from her husband, telling her to come to the hospital with the children, only just remembering to tell her that he was fine before he hung up.

Josephine tightly held on to her children as their driver took them to the hospital, a million scenarios going through her head. Even though Tommy said that he was okay, she was worried.

When they arrived, Polly was waiting for them at the front entrance and seeing her standing there looking relatively relaxed reassured her that nothing serious had happened. The children jumped out of the car and immediately ran to their great aunt who quickly snuffed out her cigarette before she wrapped them up in a hug.