Chapter Thirty-Nine

Tommy had done the most to make sure that Josephine was comfortable, he hired a few more members of staff. Which included; cooks, housekeepers and nurses and when Josephine returned home, she bit her tongue and decided not to speak on it at the moment.

It was obviously Tommy's way of showing his concern. He felt guilty for her injury and this was his way to relieve his guilt. Josephine knew she would have to speak to him about what happened and convince him that she didn't blame him but she also knew that he wouldn't believe her at the moment.

It was a difficult time for both of them and while there would be a long period of healing, Josephine knew they would be fine and back to normal eventually.

It's a shame that it took her nearly dying but if it was the thing that finally got

Tommy to stop being reckless, she was glad it was worth it.

Josephine had been home for three days and Tommy had stayed at home and by her side for the first day, making sure that she was properly settled in and comfortable but business couldn't be pushed aside for much longer so he had to go back to work but her father was there to keep her company.

Jonas was still upset with Tommy and he hadn't hidden it and neither Josephine nor Tommy could blame him. Jonas would eventually forgive him but it would take a while.

Josephine had been home for a few days, confined to her bedroom healing from her injury and she was glad it was coming along nicely but she found that as the more days passed and the longer she was stuck in her room doing nothing, the larger the urge grew to talk to Tommy. She wanted to wait until they were both ready but it was getting harder to wait and hold her tongue.

One late evening after Jonas retired to bed, Tommy had made his way into the bedroom where Josephine was currently staying and perched on the edge of her bed, despite her reassurances that it was fine for him to sit next to her and sit close to each other, he refused to do so, afraid that he would hurt her and it bothered Josephine to no end, as one at things she needed most at the moment, was a warm hug from her husband.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, placing a hand on her ankle.

"I could really do with a hug" Josephine pouted

Tommy signed and pondered over what decision he should make but Josephine would bet that he needed to physically touch and hold her, as much as she needed him

"Tommy, please" Josephine pleaded, "I really need a hug from you. I've missed your touch so much"

"Alright" Tommy gave in and slipped his shoes off before he climbed into the bed and shifted close to his wife

Josephine released a sigh of pleasure once he sat next to her and since her injury was on her left shoulder, Tommy climbed on, on her right side allowing her to press up close to him, intertwined their hands and rest her head on his shoulder without aggravating her wound.

"I missed you," Josephine confessed.

"I've made sure I had time to see you every day" Tommy replied

It was true, even though he had business to attend to, he made sure he came home early enough so that they could spend a few hours together at night before Josephine went to sleep

"I mean I missed your touch. it's very comforting to me" Josephine explained, "Now more than ever''

Tommy patted her hand in understanding and two of them sat in silence for a few moments, relishing in each other's touch.

"Can you tell me what's been happening with the Russians?" Josephine broke the silence

Tommy looked like he was going to come up with an excuse and not tell her but Josephine quickly reminded him of their deal and Tommy's promise to keep her informed and updated about things that were going on.