Ch 14

Warning; Language, blood, drug abuse, depictions of violence

The rain pelted down on you like hundreds of cold pellets berating your skin, leaving goosebumps in their wake. Your bare feet slapped against the wet ground, sharp rocks and sticks tearing into your skin as you ran through the dark forest. "Where," your thoughts question peacefully, "how, did I go so wrong? It was so peaceful..." The sound of a gun firing rings through your ears, a sharp pain bolting through your leg as you collapse face first in the mud, all air leaving your lungs. The sound of a handgun being reloaded with a new clip could be heard and you knew this was where it ends, the sound of the bullet firing echoing through the forest.

Several Hours Earlier

You hummed softly as you sat on the couch, shoving chips into your mouth as the tv drains out the sound of the rain outside. Tim hadn't been home all day, and you weren't worried in the slightest, though your ignorance for Tim's safety was soon turned to the very man you were thinking about bursting through the door, soaking wet. He closes the door behind himself before turning to you, his feminine mask staring at you blankly. "Are you glaring-" "I told you to stay in the basement." Tim's booming voice breaks your sentence off.

"Well the basements boring I'm sorry you're afraid to show me to your friends."
"(Y/N) shut the fuck up. You don't own this house and you're not the boss, you do as I say or I-"
"What, you kill me?! I know, dumb ass, but you don't get to just lock me away in a basement all day and then bitch when I want some freedom! You won't even let me outside!"
"Its for your own damn safety!"

"My safety my ass!" You shout standing and tossing the chips on the floor before storming over to the door and shoving past Tim. "The hell you think you're doing?!" "Going outside!" You swing the door open, taking a brave step on to the porch only to hear the click of a gun. Your eyes widen as you look to your right, seeing a man in a yellow hoodie. Their face was covered by a black ski mask with a red frown sewn on it, no eye holes visible meaning it was probably see through. 

You stumble forward, tripping over your own feet as he shoots at you, barely missing your face as you fell face first off the porch stairs and straight into the mud. Looking up, you see the man aiming the gun at your head, though before he could shoot Tim grabbed his wrist and pushed it away. The masked one began trying to wrestle his wrist from Tim's grasp, and without a second thought, you scrambled to your feet and began running through the woods using this as your opportunity to escape being shot. You hear a few more gunshots ring out behind you fueling you to run faster. You didn't know where to go but you knew you needed to escape so you didn't stop for even a second, though before you knew it you heard the sound of heavy feet hitting the ground behind you. It wasn't Tim, you've been chased by Tim before and he didn't stomp like that.

You were freezing, you were only in a t-shirt and some shorts, the rain pelting down on you like hundreds of cold pellets berating your skin, leaving goosebumps in their wake. Your sore, bleeding bare feet slapped against the wet ground, sharp rocks and sticks tearing into your skin as you ran through the dark forest. You hadn't ran in so long, you weren't as fast anymore and you were getting exhausted already. The sound of the gun firing rings through your ears, a sharp pain bolting through your leg as you collapse face first in the mud, all air leaving your lungs. Your pursuers footsteps could be heard slowing down as he approaches you, the sound of a handgun being reloaded right behind you and you knew this was where it ends, the sound of the gun firing echoing through the forest as your eyes squeeze shut. If only you had listened. 

It wasn't the lack of pain that caused you to open your eyes, rather the sound of a body hitting the mud with a thump and grunt. As you look behind you, eyes wide, you see Tim, shoulder bleeding, wrestling on the ground with the masked man. The gun laid just at your feet, only two bullets less than a full clip. You could use it right here and now, end this all. Reaching for the gun your hand touches the cold metal, your trembling fingers wrapping around it slowly.

"Stop fighting me Brian!" Tim's rough voice loudly growls out, bringing your attention back to the fighting men just in time to witness Tim send a hard blow to "Brian"'s face. "Don't call me that," the surprisingly deep, robotic sounding voice of the other calls out, "been taking too many of your meds, Tim? Don't act so righteous, we both know Masky is the real you." "Shut up! You're the one who steals my pills to get all doped up and forget who you are, bastard!" Tim shouts, throwing another punch.

You should get out of here, you needed to get out of here... But you couldn't leave Tim... Raising the gun you fire it once, a loud boom ringing out and causing both men to look at you. You couldn't see their faces, but you were sure they were shocked. "(Y/N), put the gun down." Tim says calmly, only for Brian to suddenly pull out a knife and stab him in the stomach then punching him in the face and snapping his mask. Tim fell off Brian, hitting the ground hard, his broken mask falling off as Brian darts to his feet and tries to snatch the gun away.

Before he could get close enough, you pointed the gun at him, causing him to freeze and put his hands up. "(Y/N), right? Why don't you listen to your pathetic boyfriend and put the gun down?" Brian tries convincing you only for you to shoot his knee, causing him to fall. "Listen here bastard," you growl out, "I don't give a shit who you are or what you want, and I don't give a shit if you want to kill me." You spoke with only confidence in your voice, slowly looking up to meet the others eyes. 

"You know why? Because I'm not just some pathetic child or a weak human you can kill. I'm a fucking demon, and I will tear your world apart bit by bit." Your voice held so much confidence even you were surprised, nevertheless you pushed yourself to your feet, standing shakily with the gun in your hand. "My legs killing me." Your thoughts call out, but you continue.

"You can do your best to fuck me up and break me, but I've lived through darker shit than either of you, and I'll keep living through it. So go ahead, tear each other apart, fight all you want, but if you ever, ever come looking for me, the police won't even be able to identify your remains as human." You turn and begin walking off, suddenly losing any care for Timothy. In that moment, you realized that Tim may be strong, but you've been through this before and you made it out alive and free then. Plus, you just shot the guy who stabbed Tim, you feel powerful.

A smile creeps onto your face, and soon a small chuckle escapes. "That's right, this isn't the worst I've had to go through... Maybe I should make a name for myself outside of gambling in a dingy town."

"I know, I'll move to the city."

Aaaand, chapter over! So, dramatic? Yes, empowerment? Yes, but what did you all think? On another note, did you know British tanks are equipped with a tea kettle? Its true! 1331 words. Stay safe and creepy, Kai, out!