Chapter 03

"So it's your birthday, huh?"

I shifted in my seat, wrapping the flannel he gave me earlier tighter as the cold breeze made my skin tingle.

He looked at his glass of tequila with an ingenuous smile that surely caught me off-guard.

I've seen a lot of his expressions today. Dangerous, mysterious, bright, child-like and this. It's all refreshing to me and I come to like all those sides of him.

"Yeah, 17th."

Just the same age and yet he already looks so matured. Not that his face looks old, but the air around him.

He looks young and handsome, his body lean and tall like a teenager his age but the air around him speaks of the experience he has that's more than what we commonly experience.

"You surely didn't come to party today just to be a chaperone of a random drunk girl, aren't you?" I tried sounded like I was just kidding but I think it didn't go the same way as I thought. I rather sound so sarcastic and bitter.

I mean, we were almost there. I mean, we really were already there. The mood was perfect and the both of us were in dire need to clench our desires but...

Why did he have to be so full of self-control? Or is he pushing then sudden pulling away? Cause it worked! It really worked.

He chuckled and oh god! The bitterness in my thoughts are now replaced by admiration. His laugh sounds so immaculate. It wasn't forced, not fake. Not too careless either.

His laugh sounds so noble yet genuine and I would pay anything just to hear it again but good lord, my humor sucks. How can I make him laugh again when I'm just a giant potato rolling around the streets?

"Well, I get to drink tequila and a pretty lady is in front of me." He leaned on the bar counter, propping his elbow for support as he faced his body towards me.

There's a mischievous smile on his lips and his chinky eyes looking so dangerous, as if a predator looking for the perfect prey.

I pouted to stop myself from smiling. Smooth tongue. I wonder how it feels like.

The night went on and I just found myself laughing at his jokes, his stories including how he likes music so much and all the silliness he has done.

I found to like his company. The way how his eyes would twinkle as he talks about them and how his smile just looks so unguarded and very genuine.

But despite that, my thoughts of earlier and my desire to do more than just talking took over me that I just found myself already standing between his legs that are spread wide apart.

My fingers are tracing his jaw while the other hand is above his head, pushing back the hair that's covering his eyes and forehead.

I felt his jaw clench as he swallowed the bile on his throat. The feeling of his hard jaw against my fingers made me want to cross the line he drew even more.

Looking at him in this angle made me smile. He looks like a baby fox. His eyes glimmered as the lights reflected in it, making him look teary and overwhelmed.

Using my thumb, I lightly stroked his clenched jaw. Not long after, I felt it relax.

Maybe it was the glimmer in his eyes, or maybe it was the feeling of how his strain and coldness melted in my hands but it made me want to cross a line he put up. Just a little. Only a little.

Or maybe not...

But more.

I planted a kiss on his forehead. It was only soft and chaste, but my lips took forever to pull away. This is the first kiss I gave to someone.