Chapter 08

After another mind-blowing release, I drifted to sleep in his arms. It was too gentle and too soft of an after-sex experience after a one night stand.

I know the rules of playing with that kind of fire. I often hear Jessa and Katie's sexcapades and how one should not put any emotional entanglement with it.

It's just sex and satisfying the desire and lust of one another.

But with Brian's gentleness, the line keeps getting blurred.

I stirred in my sleep, the throbbing of my head instensifies as I felt the familiar coldness that I have always been dealing with.

I was sure I slept in a comfortable embrace so I looked for it but there was none. Suddenly, the rules of a one night stand came to mind. Shit!

I immediately got up only to see the empty space beside me, with no trace of Brian.

Shit! Shit! Shit!

I scanned my body, now wearing an unfamiliar black shirt and shorts with no traces of cum in my body.

Did Brian cleaned me up and dressed me as well?

Well, thank you but none of that matters now. I have to get out. I don't even know who owns this room for Pete's sake!

I scurried, picking up my clothes and the bag I left near the door.

I froze when the door suddenly slammed open. Shit!

I hid my face, looking down the floor and made sure my hair is covering a part of my face.

"Where do you think you're going?" The man's voice who just entered was dark and almost menacing.

I flinched. Shit!

I gotta run for my life. I soiled his sheets, I'm sure he'll be mad if he finds out.

He held my elbow and pull me back towards him.

"Ash..."

That voice. That softness, the gentleness.

I turned to see who that person is, and relief washed me when I saw those familiar dark straight hair, the bangs covering his forehead and reaching near his chinky and dark eyes, his aristocratic nose that matched well with his cupid bow shaped lips, and his slender and beautiful neck with moles and hickeys covering them, and his collar bone peeking out a bit from the collar of his shirt.

But the relief was short-lived.

What could he be thinking after seeing me here, still in the room after he left?

The sex was good but I have to save my pride too.

"Oh, hey!"

I flashed him a sweet smile despite my lips quivering. I widen it more to show that it's all casual for me too.

"Hey?" He probed. His eyebrow twitched and his hold on me got tighter.

"Hey, you say." He looked away with a mocking smile plastered on his lips. "Where are you going?"

His question almost sounded like a threat. I clicked my neck, wondering if maybe I'm just interpreting his words and tone in a different way because I'm still drunk.

I looked at the door that's slightly opened, hearing the faint music from outside. It wasn't as loud as before now. And there were also sounds of glass clinking like they're being moved or something.

"My friends were looking for me, we have to get home." I smiled.

Keep smiling, Ash and show that nothing is a big deal.