VIII

BEFORE YOU KEEP READING, AN IMPORTANT REMINDER:

Even if it's based on a TV Show, this fanfic isn't for children. It contains mature language, blood, violence, curses, deaths, abuse, and sexual advances.

Please don't read it if you're not used to reading these topics. Remember this is just a story and we don't support any kind of abuse.

Finally, we hope you like it.

---------------------------------------------------

The swords sliced through meat. An intense roar rattled the wide yet destroyed room. A large silhouette could be spotted in the darkness, falling against the ground and causing a faint rumble from the impact, until it finally laid there in silence. The chimera was dead.

Cassandra fist pumped in the air victoriously. A giant Ruddiger approached Varian, the animal seemingly content, and the young alchemist stroked his head, smiling at him for his recent victory, before giving him an orb that made him go back to his normal size. Once done, the small animal ran up to Varian's shoulder and rubbed against his cheek.

"Yes! We did it!" Shouted the woman as she lifted her hand in front of Varian so that he could hi-five her back.

"Nice work," Varian said as their hands collided.

He looked at his companion, she looked so strong and determined. He sighed with a smile and she looked at him with a smile in return. An aura of peace passed between them - which was then interrupted by a quiet giggle. The adults turned to look at the little girl, who was quietly seated during the fight. Cassandra and Varian blushed a little before walking towards her.

The older woman sat by the little girl's side, and, softly caressing her, she parted some of her bangs away from her cheek to give her a warm kiss. The girl closed her eyes from the show of affection and leaned against the woman. Varian watched them and smiled. He then scanned around, looking for any potential threats, but it seemed that this chimera was the only thing they needed to worry about, which no longer was a problem. He sighed in relief and knelt in front of the girl, looking into her eyes and stroking her head a little.

"This area seems safe," Varian assured. "We could stay here to rest. What do you think, Ari?"

The girl, still exhausted, only nodded with her head. Lilith's test seemed to have drained every drop of energy left in her body, so resting would benefit her greatly. Ariadna remained sitting as Cassandra and Varian stood up and began to set up camp. She sorted out the rocks that were near them and he obtained firewood to make a small campfire.

The little girl watched as the raccoon climbed on her and wrapped around her neck, making the girl giggle. The adults heard her and smiled, the feeling contagious. Everything was calm after that storm. Everything was at peace.

The embers burned as the scent of meat flooded the cavern, the sounds of laughter were heard. Varian looked over at his company. Cassandra was sitting, cross-legged, with the girl sitting in front of her, back facing her. As they were talking, Cassandra untangled the hair of the little princess with her fingers, giving the girl a sense of tranquility.

"Did Mom really do all of that to please...what was his name?"

"Everyone called him Uncle Monty. And yeah she did, your mother couldn't stand not being in good terms with anyone."

"Ugh! My mom was so naive…"

"But she was also very, very sweet and kind."

The girl smiled and was left thinking about her mother, her heart clenching. She remembered her voice and her eyes, but there were things she had forgotten, and now that Cassandra was talking about her, she wondered if Rapunzel had remembered her. A strand of her golden hair fell on her face - Ariadna glanced at it and looked away.