six

ROCK DJ

ROCK DJ

"I don't wanna rock,

But you're making me feel so nice."

Charlotte closed the classroom door behind her and leaned back against it with her head in her hands, "Fuck," She dragged out, "Could you have been anymore embarrassing? I mean, do you actually have any brain cells, Charlotte?"

The man in the classroom that was watching from his desk cleared his throat, "I'm guessing by the way that you're speaking to yourself, no?"

The ginger lifted her head up, pulled a sarcastic smile at her brother and made her way to sit at the front desk. "Actually, according to some study, people that talk to themselves indicate a higher level of intelligence."

"You are the exception, not the rule, Lottie."

A dramatic gasp fell from Charlotte's lips, "You dare use my own logic against me."

"It's not your logic, Lottie, it's the movie's."

"So what if I claim 'He's just not that into you' as my own logic? You use the logic of Feminism and Post Colonialism, you didn't create that."

"While I'm glad you know what Post Colonialism is-"

"-Duh." Charlotte was good at English, obviously she knew what the theory was.

"-It's not a logic, it's something used to criticise a piece of text, or a book, or-"

"- Potayto, potahto." Charlotte shrugged, lifting her hand up so she could rest her head. "You're dressed up today, anyone that you're trying to impress?"

Theo Smith put the sheets that he was looking at down on his desk, raised an eyebrow, and lifted himself up to stand at the side of his desk. "Anyone that I'm trying to impress?" Theo pulled a face as though he was thinking hard, "Am I trying to impress anyone? Let me think..... Oh that's right, my sister who is massively judgmental over everyone's fashion choices. Therefore meaning I have to spend fifteen minutes everyday picking out an outfit."

While Charlotte should have been proud that her brother was dressing nice, his response didn't make her happy. "Theo, really? You're wearing suits to a school where the most outrageous thing someone has ever worn is an open toe shoe, minus me of course. And why is it that you're wearing a suit? Because I'm judgmental? I'd be far less judgmental of you if you wore what you felt the most comfortable in.... that doesn't apply for anything red, red is not your colour."

A small smile played on Theo's lips, "Aw," He leant forward, placing his hand under Charlotte's chin, "The ginger girl thinks her opinion matters."

The smile that was starting to grow on Charlotte's lips very quickly disappeared before she pushed Theo's hand away from her face. "My opinion matters. Everyone's opinion matters...Well, unless it's stupid of course."

"All yours are stupid."

Something was different with Theo. He had changed over the past two weeks. While he had always been sarcastic and not as jokey as his sister and brother, he had never been so... almost rude. Sometimes Charlotte wasn't sure if he actually meant what he was saying or if he was just messing around. Either way, it seemed he'd been waking up on the wrong side of the bed every single day. And obviously, Charlotte was determined to find out what the problem was.

"Theo, can I-"

Before Charlotte could ask her brother any questions, the door to classroom was opened. "Excuse me, Mr Smith?"

All thoughts about questioning Theo left Charlotte's head as soon as Jasper Hale popped his head inside the door.

"Jasper, come in." And so he did, and Charlotte was very happy the boy had come into the room. Not just because she enjoyed looking at him, but also because she just felt happy in his presence. "Charlotte was just leaving."

Brown eyes snapped back to the brown haired boy, "Wha-?"

"-I'll speak to you later." Theo rushed her, as his hands were forcing her out of her seat and pushing her out of the room.

"But.... but this is my first class."

"You can wait outside."

Charlotte flicked her eyes to Jasper, who was just apologetically smiling at the girl. God, this was one of the most embarrassing things that had happened in Charlotte's life, one of the other things having been this morning in front of Jasper's family. It seemed a lot of embarrassing moments were starting to happen in front of Jasper.

That was just her luck.

"Hi."

Bella Swan appeared next to Charlotte, a happy smile on her face as she leaned on the wall facing her friend.

Charlotte looked at her for a few seconds, blinked, and then turned her head forward, "Isabella, I'm not talking to you right now."

Giggles fell from the brunettes lips, "Why not?"

Charlotte's head quickly whipped back to the girl next to her at the sound of her laughs, "I know what you're laughing at, Isabella Marie Swan, and my embarrassment is not funny! Why wouldn't you have stopped me?"

Bella grabbed her friends arm, "Hun, it wasn't that embarrassing. I'm sure it'll all be forgotten about now."

And as if the day hadn't been bad enough for Charlotte, just at that moment Emmett Cullen and Rosalie Hale happened to be walking past the two girls.

"Have a nice wee?" Emmett Cullen smiled, while Rosalie glared at him, however the couple never stopped walking.

Almost as soon as the words had left his mouth, Charlotte turned her head back to Bella, a harsh glare now on her face, "What was that you just said?"

The door next to the two girls opened before Bella could reply, Jasper Cullen being the one who had opened it, "Ignore my brother, Charlotte."

For some reason, as soon as the words left Jasper's mouth, time started to go slow around Charlotte, "How did you-?" She started to question, but the words just faded away. How was it possible that Jasper had heard Emmett's words? Maybe she was just imagining things, but Charlotte was sure Emmett spoke before the door had opened, meaning there was no way Jasper would have heard his words. Unless he was stood with his ear against the door, which she highly doubted.

Everyone was acting weird today.

Bella left Charlotte in an awkward situation by herself. Her brother was in a unusually horrid mood. And Jasper could now hear through walls.

While Charlotte loved to make her theories, this was all a little too much,

But she couldn't help but want to dig a bit deeper.

lol short chapter just cos i wanted to get it out there. it's been a while <3