sixteen

SPEND SOME TIME ALONE

You'll run better with men

Charlotte Smith could not get one minute of alone time. Even when she was in the bath, she wasn't alone.

"Mum, get out!" Charlotte went to throw her slipper at the older version of her. She couldn't shave her lady parts while her mother sat on the toilet. "I'm running late, go away!"

"I just wanted to see if you needed anything, Lottie." April perched herself of the edge of the bath, her hands having caught the slipper with ease.

Charlotte sank further into the bubbles, "Yes, for you to get out. Dad! Get mum!"

The ginger stuck here fingers into the water and flicked it into her daughters face, "Your fathers gone out. Good job, I'm sure he'd torture that boy if he came into the house."

Owen Smith was overprotective, and Charlotte would have liked to say the words were a lie. However, they weren't. Charlotte had made a mistake a long time ago, one she would regret for probably the rest of her life. "Max and Theo in too?"  April shook her head, "Thank God." It would have been even worse if her brothers were in. She felt as though they would never forgive her for what she did.

"Be careful on your date."

Charlotte groaned, she didn't need a lecture from her mother. "I know."

"Don't moan at me. I just want you to be careful..... don't mess this up please, Charlotte."

"I'm not going to, Mum. Seriously." Due to how hot the bath was, it looked as though Charlotte was crying. Maybe she was, but April didn't believe that.

However, Charlotte could have cried. She knew her mothers words were a warning.

"I like it here, Lottie."

Charlotte considered sinking her head under the water at that point, "We aren't staying here forever."

April sighed, she would get nowhere with her defensive daughter. "Just remember what I said, enjoy your night."

The words played on Charlotte's mind all night, even when she pulled up outside Jasper's house. He had told her he would pick her up, however she insisted on driving. She was the one who cancelled the first date, and she was the one who had asked him on this one. It was only fair she drove.

Charlotte didn't even notice Jasper open the door and slide in next to her, not until he turned her music down. "Did you just zone out to George Michael?"