eight

HUNG UP

HUNG UP

"Every little thing that you say or do,

I'm hung up.

Hung up on you."

Charlotte Smith walked through the almost empty halls of Forks high school, her heels clicking with every step and her eyes trained on one thing.

Or rather, one person.

Jasper Hale watched the girl walk right up to him, an amused smile on his face. Charlotte was unpredictable, and he loved it.

"Hi, Charlo-"

She didn't even give him the chance to finish, "Jasper Hale, will you go on a date with me?"

It went quiet. It was as if everyone in the world had heard the words that had come out of her mouth, even though there must have only been two other people in the hallway.

It also didn't help that Jasper hadn't replied in 0.1 seconds. Charlotte had expected him to bite her head off, scream yes! and run off into the sunset with her. Instead he just smiled at her.

She felt like such an idiot, "You know what? Forget I asked."

Jasper caught her wrist as she turned to leave, "Charlotte Smith," She turned back to look at him, "I would love to go on a date with you."

And so off the pair went on the Saturday of that week. Jasper had said Charlotte could decide what they did, because he truly didn't mind. That had lead to almost a week of stress for Charlotte, nothing seemed quite right.

The cinema = no talking.
Restaurant = too typical.
A fair (April's suggestion) = no fair.
A walk = potentially too boring.
A zoo = no zoos close by.
Day at the beach = too cold.

So Charlotte had found the whole thing quite difficult. Obviously being a virgo, she loved to plan things. However, that was part of the problem. Everything had to be perfect, and Charlotte was scared it wouldn't be perfect. It made it even worse that the date was with Jasper, Charlotte had to impress him.

Fortunately Charlotte had stumbled upon a little place near by (puppy cafe). Which seemed too goo to be true. A cafe meant that neither of them had to eat if they didn't feel like it, and it wasn't too much of a formal setting. It was perfect.

But as Charlotte sat at the table, smoothing out her perfectly straight cream jumper, she was worried that she'd be more focused on the puppies than Jasper.