one

MATERIAL GIRL

MATERIAL GIRL

"cause we are living in a material word,

and i am a material girl."

CHARLOTTE OLIVIA SMITH had come to the conclusion (one of many) that she was cursed. She had left behind her expensive and exciting life in New York, for a dull and depressing one in Washington- which was of course not her choice. Her plan was to stay in New York forever, attending every one of the many parties and shopping on 5th Avenue until the day she popped her clogs.

Unfortunately her parents didn't share her enthusiasm for her plan, which is why she was now sat in Max's black Range Rover outside Forks High School.

"I'm not getting out of this car." The perfectly dressed ginger struggled to hide the distaste in her voice as she stared at the dull looking school, where the students looked equally as dull. "Have these people never heard of the colour red?"

Max Smith could hardly hold in his laugh at his younger sisters words, even though she wasn't speaking nicely, he couldn't help but agree, the students were all dressed in greys, blacks and maroons. Not exactly colourful.

However, Theo Smith did not share the same views as his two younger siblings. He appreciated the change of Forks, he might have lost his respectable job, his girlfriend and all his friends, but in a way, he quite liked it. From the two days the family had been in the town, they were yet to meet anyone egotistical and vain like the ones back home. To him it was a welcomed change.

"She's got a bit of colour on." Max pointed out of the rainy window to a brown haired girl stood in a yellow mac. "So they do know other colours."

Charlotte hummed as she focused her brown eyes on the girl. "Yeah, but look at her face." While the girls clothes weren't depressing, her facial expression definitely was, she looked as though she went home and cried every night. Not that Charlotte could blame her, she probably would if she lived here too (she was yet to accept the fact that she actually did live here).

"I don't think she looks that bad." Theo mused from his place in the passenger seat. The older brother was slightly different to his two younger siblings, he never judged or gossiped- something that Charlotte called him boring for, not that he minded, he preferred to stay unbothered with the lives of others. "We all look like that on rainy days."

Theo's words caused his younger sister to look down at her outfit, she had chosen to wear a tight black skirt with a small white cardigan which she'd matched with a headband, she'd even gone to the lengths to wear her white Louboutins. She had to make an impression on her first day, she couldn't just be another face. "I don't think I look like that." She muttered back to him.