I'll be your best friend...

(biological age: about 16 years)

Her wings retracted back as she landed on the soft grassy ground. Tenebrae wandered across the ground full of thousands of pink and red flowers, her eyes scouting for what she would usually find around these soft, sloping hills. She scaled a small hill, looking out into the open valley of trees, plants and different flowers, relishing with the feeling of the sun on her face. It wasn't something you would get in Hell, like ever.

Her superior eyes trained in on the open field, spotting an interesting figure in the distance. A figure fast approaching and bolting full speed was running through the thousands of flowers, fast approaching the girl.

Tenebrae laughed lightly at the boys approaching figure, only for the heavenly sound to flow through the breeze and straight to the ears of the approaching boy.

It could only make him run faster.

He was fast approaching. A smirk lit up her face, this would be fun... Her wings extended, flying up to a tree and planting herself up in one of the branches. She simply perched like Stolas and watched.

Cain soon emerged from the field, scaling up the small hill and wildly looking around. He frowned in confusion. He definitely saw her land and her large white wings flutter and retract, but where exactly was she?

"Tenebrae! Tenebrae? Where did you go?" he called out, turning around and looking in all directions for the winged teen.

Tenebrae's smile only grew larger, a snicker falling from her lips. She stood upon the branch, creeping further across the tree and closer to above where Cain stood. Her hands went over her mouth, desperately trying to keep in her giggles. She waited for him to stop pacing, standing perfectly still before...

She pounced.

Tenebrae fell from the tree landing on the brunette boy causing him to fall to the ground. His bright blue eyes went wide, staring up at the blonde angel.

"Got you!" she giggled, cackling loudly at how mortified he seemed.

"Rae! That's not funny!"

"Yes it is!" With that said she bounced off of the boy, fluttering her wings until she was up to her feet. Cain couldn't help but marvel at the sight of her long white wings. She was truly an angel.

Tenebrae smiled at his lovestruck look, stepping over and around him. "What shall we do today?" she quizzed him, stepping back and gazing over the land once more.

"How long do you have?"

"Until we feel the ground shake," she spoke seriously, waiting for the dumbfounded expression. It did not disappoint. A smile lit up her face... he could be so serious... "I have till the sun is setting, maybe longer, Stolas will come and warn me," she explained, the two standing side by side on the hillside, "now what did you- ah-"