You should never assume its a phase

(biological age: about 6 years)

Lucifer snuck behind a pillar, rolling and flipping over the floor until he was hidden behind the wall, his body practically stuck to the wall. His hand waved, ushering over the demon. Maze rolled her eyes, stomping over behind him. She wasn't in the mood to be playing spies.

"See, I told you, she's been acting suspicious since we got back from Earth," Lucifer whispered, the two watching as Tenebrae tiptoed, looking left and right before smuggling herself into her bedroom.

"Wasn't that like a week ago?" Maze asked, staring at her fingernails in boredom.

The devil nodded, "yes, why?"

"You didn't think to sort it out a week ago?"

"No Maze, I had hoped it was just a... phase or something!" he exclaimed, throwing his arms up into the air. What a ridiculous thing to ask!

"You should never assume it's a phase!" she exclaimed right back.

"Why not?"

"You remember what happened last time she had a 'phase'!" Mazikeen continued, both of their minds clouding over and remembering the horrible events that occurred She kept stealing Evilyn form Charon and hiding her on the ceiling."

"I still can't believe she can climb up to the ceiling," Lucifer spoke, his mind still wondering how he had never noticed his daughters ability before.

"Yeah..." Mazikeen gulped back, suddenly feeling a sweat down her back. How could she have forgotten to tell him?! "Such a shock... What do you think she's up to?" she quizzed, changing the topic immediately

"I have no clue," Lucifer whispered, his eyes not leaving the door and his tone sounding more suspicious.

"So you've spent the entire week just watching her?"

"I'm a parent," he justified, or at least tried to.

"You're obsessed." Mazikeen rolled her eyes once more, standing out from the wall now as there was really no purpose to it.

"It's called parenting," he continued, stepping out from the wall as well, although keeping one foot back just in case he had to bolt at any moment.

"I know, I've been doing it as long as you have, maybe longer," She reminded him, taking care of him was practically parenting as well. Lucifer rose his brow frowning at her, but the demon only considered, "you're much more difficult than Tenebrae ever was."

"No I'm not. Now we have to figure out what she's hiding," the devil stated their mission as if preparing for a battle.

"Could be Evilyn again?" Mazikeen speculated, looking at the bottom of the door to see if she could see any shadows or cat paws.

"Haven't heard any cat sounds..."

"What have you heard?"

"She sounds like she's fluttering and trying to fly," oh he only hoped thats what she was doing. Lucifer and Tenebrae had been practicing non stop, although to not much avail. His little princess had figured out how to glide down, not so smoothly, but actually flying had proven to be a lot more difficult.

"Nothing else?" 

"Maybe, whooing?" He explained, not really knowing, Tenebrae was manic when it came to mimicking animals or basically any noise she heard. She was very talented at it, although it was annoying when she would decide to do it for hours on end.

"Whooing? And you haven't gone into her room?" The demon couldn't believe it, was he serious? Sometimes he made some very questionable decisions as a parent. "I'm going in," she blatantly spoke, heading towards the door.