Shitty shitty shit shit

(biological age: about 9 months)-

"What! What do you mean it's my job now?!" Mazikeen yelled after Lucifer had suddenly just dropped a bombshell of news on her.

"I mean, I need you to take care of Tenebrae,"

"You named it?!"

"The spawn of Satan needs a name, doesn't she?" Lucifer questioned her, playing with Tenebrae's fat, tiny hands.

"That's how you get attached Lucifer!"

"So what if I am?!" He yelled back, Maze's head snapped to meet his eyes. A look of almost depression grew on her features. Her brows were scrunched, lips in a scowl and her eyes glaring holes.

"It will make you vulnerable Lucifer!"

"She will not! She will make me all the more powerful!"

"Says the king of Hell! Lying on the floor!" She moved and stood above him. Her heeled boots next to his arm as she peered down at the Devil.

"She was not comfortable on the throne, and the floor is much too dirty,"

"So, what? You decide to become a seat yourself?!" She questioned, indicating the position Lucifer and the baby were now in. Lucifer was lied down on his back, the child laying on his chest with her head in the crevice of his neck. Tenebrae's murmurs and gurgles were loud in Lucifer's ear.

"No, of course not. I became something much more..." he mused, glancing up at the demon for a mere second before training his eyes back on his daughter's tiny body. Oh yes, he became so much more, he became a father. How poetic.

"As disgustingly adorable this is, what do you mean I have to take care of it?"

"Since I am, in fact, Satan and it is my job to punish souls, I cannot spend every waking moment with my little shadow," he said, shifting the baby so she was sitting on his chest, his hands under her arms holding Tenebrae up, tiny feet touching his bearded chin.

"You've got to stop with these nicknames,"

"But there are so many to choose from," he said, pocking faces at the blue-eyed babe, "I could call her, Tenny, Brae, Ebb, Rae or Nee-"

"I get it! I get it!"

"Good. Now, take the child. I'm off to torture a few more souls," Lucifer jumped up, cradling the child, "if even a hair on her pretty little head is missing, you will know the true meaning of hell." He spoke, placing a chaste kiss on her forehead before hesitantly handing her over.

Mazikeen held the devil spawn at an arm's length, looking at it with a distasteful gaze. It gurgled, clenching its fists towards her.

"Oh, look! She likes you!"

Maze's eyes snapped to his, "and what do I do with it?"

"Don't kill her. I'll be back in a jiffy." Lucifer said, leaving promptly. Tenebrae mewled after him, but to no avail, instead once again clenching her fat fists at the demon holding her.

Mazikeen watched Lucifer leave before training back her eyes into a glare at Tenebrae. The baby stared back, still grabbing, but then started to fuss. Her bottom lip pouted out and her electric blue eyes began tearing, slobber began falling from her open mouth. Maze's eyes went wide, oh god. Her eyes widened, "don't you dare,"

Tenebrae let out a howl and began crying loudly.

Maze cursed aloud, quickly bringing the baby closer to her body and rocking her back and forth almost violently. But nothing was working, the little devil was being unreasonable, "ugh, shut up!" Maze angrily whispered, still rocking Tenebrae. After an eternity of rocking the child, the demon was at her tipping point. She let out a growl, confusing the child greatly enough to make her stop crying. Mazikeen pulled Tenebrae at arms distance once again, tilting her head in confusion.