What does a teddy and the devil have in common?

(biological age: about 20 months)

Mazikeen remembered how fast she had thrown herself out of the window, how tightly she had clutched Tenebrae's little foot pulling her until she was clutched tightly in her arms. Where it was safe. Maze's body had hit the ground with such force a howl of pain escaped  her mouth which echoed through the underground world.

The pain was unbearable but as much pain as she was in, it didn't matter. Tenebrae was crying and screaming in fear- but she was ok.

Her little turtle baby with the wings of a chicken and spider abilities was ok.

But now she wasn't. Because Lucifer was back.

"Mazikeen, what happened?" He questioned, stepping towards the woman and baby, watching as his daughter stared at him in panic, twitching as he neared.

"What do you think Lucifer?" Maze questioned, her anger rising. "An enemy of yours broke into your home, found you nowhere to be found and found your daughter. He threw her out of a window!"

"He what?!"

"It doesn't matter anymore. She's fine..." Maze explained, grasping Tenebrae tighter and her free hand balling into a fist. She continued, "and if he ever comes back I will damn him to extinction."

"Trust me, Maze" he begun, anger rising, "I will as well." The devil simply didn't know what to do with himself. "Please... Maze let me hold her, I can't explain it. I need her in my arms or I think I'll die."

"You're so dramatic. Lucifer she barely wants to look at you, do you know how much pain that would cause her?"

"You're right." His hands went through his hair, scraping his scalp. "I just- I don't know what to do..." his eyes begun turning red, tears falling from his eyes. In all honesty he looked crazed, on the verge of insanity as he fell to his knees.

"She's a baby, ok? She'll get over it. It will just take time." Maze consoled him in her own way, stepping backwards and patting the baby's back gently. Mazikeen still seemed angry, and she had every right to be Lucifer supposed.

He just had to deal with it. After all, he was the one who abandoned her. Just like his father had abandoned him so many years ago. The devil was no better than God himself, and yet he had let himself believe he could be a better father. How foolish of him.

Lucifer could only hope she would see him as her father once more... and not her murdered.

It had felt like an eternity. Lucifer felt as if he were walking on egg shells every time he was around his own daughter. If Tenebrae was ever alone and Lucifer would walk into the room, she would immediately make a bee line for the door, screaming for Mazikeen. It made him feel completely useless and paranoid. Was she ever going to forgive him? He had begun to lose all hope to be honest. All the devil craved was his little bundle to be in his arms, finding safety and security like she used to. Not with Maze.

Watching his own child grow from afar was painful, although she hadn't grown too much, it didn't matter. The mere millimetres she had sprouted, was time, time of her life he had missed out on. It's not as if she would shrink again, forgive him and then grow again.

He hoped she would, but knew that was highly unlikely. Still miracles could happen, Tenebrae for example, the greatest miracle to ever happen to him. 

The Devil moped around on his throne, his head thrown back and legs hanging off the other side. He wish there were something he could drown his sorrows with or at least something to make him numb enough he didn't have to deal with them currently. He could only dream of such an elixir.