Fluffy like a chicken

(biological age: about 1 year)

Tenebrae hadn't stopped fussing from the moment she had woken up. From the moment, Lucifer picked her up she had been wiggling, trying to escape his grasp, but the moment he would put her down she would fuss more and reach for him. Her bipolar behaviour had frustrated the great lord of hell immensely, not because it annoyed him, but because he didn't know what to do to ease her discomfort. Had he done something wrong? Had Maze? Had she fallen out of her crib? Or hit her head at some point?

He'd done everything perfectly for her and yet she wouldn't stop. The worst part of it all was that he had no one to go to help with this problem. Dear old dad had forsaken him, as well as his brothers and sisters and his father knows that Lucifer couldn't go to his mother for help. He didn't want his mother knowing about Tenebrae anyway, nor his siblings, or his father.

He was all alone. Probably the worst candidate to ever be picked for single parenthood. But he was all she had, heaven knows her mother wasn't coming back anytime soon. Or ever. So, he was all she had, and right now he was doing a pretty crumby job at the whole thing. Apart from Maze he had no one to help him, and she wasn't really the best at the whole baby thing.

"Lucifer! What's wrong with it!" Mazikeen yelled, sauntering into the room with her hands covering her ears and a pained expression resting on her face. "Doesn't her screaming stop after like a minute? It's been three days!" The small infant just cried louder.

"I've done everything!" He yelled back, "I've changed her, fed her, she's not cold! I've spent every waking moment with her! Everything!"

"Clearly you haven't or else she wouldn't be screaming my ears off!"

"I assure you Maze, I have done everything perfectly!" He spoke, venom lacing his tone. Maze's glare deepened even more, her hands moving from her ears and balling into fists at her sides.

"If you're so perfect at fatherhood, then why won't the chicken stop screaming!"

"I don't kno- wait what?" He questioned, staring oddly at his most beloved demon. His eyes were wide and his brows raised, he thought his mind was playing terrifying tricks on him. What did she just call his daughter? How dare she?

"A chicken. She's like a chicken."

"A chicken? She is not a CHICKEN!"

Mazikeen smirked, her fang-like teeth poking out from her red lips, failing to silence the sound of laughter that escaped her throat, "she's a chicken."

"My daughter! The spawn of Satan! Princess of Hell and my sole heir! She is not a chicken!" Lucifer yelled, his hands balling at his sides into fists. He was turning scarlet red as his teeth gritted at the devil, his glare deepening further. Maze had called him many things in the past and many humans had sworn his name in such vile ways, but this was his daughter. He had never been so offended and flabbergasted in his life.

"She's like a chicken! Especially with all the fluffy stuff!" Mazikeen defended herself.

"Stop saying that! And... fluff? What fluff, Mazikeen?"

"The fluff! You haven't seen it? It gets everywhere," she stated, annoyed. Lucifer eyes widened to the size of saucers, his eyes switching from the best torturer in hell to the most innocent soul in the room. He stared at the child, who in turn silenced her crying into sniffles to stare back at him. "Lucifer?"