06. chupacabra²

Genesis.

[Season 2- episode 5]Chupacabra

Chupacabra

                        THE MORNING HAD started quite hot in the south

THE MORNING HAD started quite hot in the south. It was days like these when she most missed the beach, going down there and refresh herself with the cold salty water. But that wasn't what she was to do today. Rick had called the search party to divide the group. First thing Melissa did was get changed and then search for her weapons.

While she wasn't meant to have her gun on her, she still had it hidden between her clothes, she didn't feel safe with nothing to defend herself and her knife wasn't doing the thing. Pulling all her stuff across the tent, she couldn't find it anywhere.

She wondered where she could've left it or if Rick took it but then, he would've said so. And then two names popped into her head, the old man who was a father figure and the young man with whom she shared a tent. Plotting. against. her.

"Dale?" she yelled for the man that sat atop the RV, his binoculars hanging from his neck as he kept watch over the group.

The oldman peeked over the roof and looked at the woman with a grin, "Hey Mel! Come up here," he greeted, waving a hand to the air. Melissa climbed up the ladder but stood on the steps, giving him a knowing annoyed look, "Everything alright?"