15. everything is gone²

Genesis

[Season 2—episode 13]beside the dying fire

beside the dying fire

                    DAY BECAME NIGHT in the blink of an eye

                    DAY BECAME NIGHT in the blink of an eye. And worry became dread pretty quickly for Melissa and the survivors at the house while they waited for their four men to return home. Fingers tapping anxiously over her bouncing leg, Melissa looked over and over towards the door and then towards Andrea. They had been scheming in their minds the same plan without even uttering a word. Something the two shared was their need to do something, sometimes it was annoying, sometimes it was useful.

This time, it was probably more useful than the one before. The older of the two stood to her feet, "I'm going after them." she said determinedly.

"Right behind you." Melissa spoke right after, she stood to her feet and walked behind her towards the door.

Ben had uncrossed his arms, ready to argue about how dangerous and stupid it was but Lori had beaten him to it, she stood in front of the two, angry as she was towards Andrea, she was family as well. "Don't," she exclaimed lowly, worry creeped down her veins, "They could be anywhere. And if Randall comes back we're gonna need you two here."

Even though she was worried, she wouldn't put her sister in law in any danger, her husband would never forgive that. Before any of the two could speak against it and explain their need to save the day, the creaking of the screen door caught their attention. Heads turning towards the door to watch as Glenn and Daryl stepped into the house, dirty and sweaty.