Just a Prank

>>>· ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ·<<<

It was currently six pm when Chan approached him.

"Your sure you're okay with being home alone for a good fragment of tonight?" Chan had asked. He himself, Jisung and Changbin were about to head out to work on some songs at the company. With their comeback nearing, they found it important that they did so.

"Hyunggg, i'll be fine. I plan on going to the dance studio for a bit anyway to use up some time." Hyunjin informed, giving Chan a pout. Chan chuckled and patted the boys shoulder, "Just make sure your back by 9:45, you've been working hard for this comeback and I want you to get some rest." Hyunjin had wished maybe his Hyung would take his own advice, but that would just be beating a dead horse.

Hyunjin playfully groaned but agreed. Truth to told, he was a bit downed by the fact he had to be back early because in reality, he was a bit scared. Like Chan had said, he'd be alone for a good portion on the night. Now If he was alone during the sunlight hours, he wouldn't have a problem, but he'd be alone at night. So his plan was to dance the night away and be able to come home to the rest of the group already home. But it seems that wouldn't be the case tonight.

When the sun was down, it was too scary to be alone. Now it wasn't that Hyunjin was afraid of the dark, in fact when he knew he was safe, darkness became a place of comfort. For some odd reason, it was just soothing. So it was confusing to even himself that he'd gained such a love hate relationship with the dark. So no, Hyunjin wasn't afraid of the dark, rather, he was afraid of what was in the dark.

Now of course—hopefully—strange and scary creatures from movies were only fake, but that didn't mean that Hyunjin's mind was kind to him. I'm fact, his own mind was his downfall. Sometimes even when he was in his room, which mind you he shared with Minho and Seungmin, certain shadows would make shapes that Hyunjin didn't know if he could trust. His eyes would make adjustments and suddenly the shadows would look like they were moving. That being said, their bedroom door had to either be completely closed, or completely pinned to the wall, that way, no shadows could play tricks on his mind.

Sometimes He'd close his eyes and his mind would tell him that if he opened them back up, some creepy being would be staring directly at him, all up in his face (Mainly in the shower which he hated).

As for other times, in the world outside his dorm, Hyunjin couldn't deny that he was afraid of people. Now again, if they showed no malicious intentions, Hyunjin would be fear free. But again, knowing the types of bad people out there, he couldn't stop his mind from wondering. Sometimes even when taking the trash out at night, he'd think that the second he turned away, someone would run up behind him. Other times he was scared something would be out there in general.

Hyunjin knew Chan knew a bit about these fears, as to why the boy asked if he'd be all right. He remembers late nights where he'd visit with Chan because the boy was still up. He'd explain how his mind was playing tricks on him and Chan would be there to calm him down. Most of those nights ended with both boys asleep on the couch.

But still, Hyunjin wouldn't be one to admit he was scared. He didn't want to be in the way of the others work. He already felt bad that he had nothing crazy planned for the night that would help their comeback.

Once he was alone, eager as he was, Hyunjin packed a backpack with everything he'd thought he needed for practice. He'd thrown his hair in a half up half down ponytail and only bothered to slip on a hoodie and shorts for practice. He wouldn't be filmed or anything so he had no desire to look like he tried. He had wanted to be comfy anyway. Lastly, Hyunjin grabbed his phone and his water bottle before grabbing his copy of dorm keys and locking the door behind him.