Needed You

>>Based off a true recent story<<
>Pls ignore mistakes<

>>>· ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ·<<<

Hyunjin had become good at hiding his emotions and making everything seem like it was alright. And really, he had learned to when he was 16, a couple months before he'd been scouted for JYPE. He had been a teen, casually coming home from school to notice his father missing from the house. Which would've been normal if his fathers schedule had changed, allowing him to come home earlier. When he questioned the matter, his mother simply told him he'd been sent to the hospital to have some testing done as he hadn't been feeling too good.

Hyunjin had accepted his mothers answer. A week passed normally as Hyunjin hadn't heard anything bad about his father. He didn't see a reason to fear his fathers sudden hospital visit. Until he did. Late one night, his mother came clean and explained to him that his father had an acute liver disease. Hyunjin had stared at her blankly, but only because he had no clue what that meant for his dad.

"His liver is dying, and if he doesn't get a liver transplant, he will die with it."

Those words seemed to rattle in Hyunjin's head for a little while. But knowing the truth, Hyunjin suddenly could see a shift in his mothers face. It had been the face she'd worn all week, yet Hyunjin was now able to see the fear in her eyes.

The next week passed slower and Hyunjin had found himself alone most of the time. He had been old enough to stay home alone, so his mother spent most of her time at the hospital with his father. Thankfully, his father had been sent to the hospital before anything had gotten bad. In fact, the only symptoms his father had been experiencing was slight Jaundice (Yellow skin) and stomach aches. So he wasn't horribly sick, and had time.

Another week passed and Hyunjin felt like life didn't feel like life anymore. He was so used to seeing both his parents everyday that now it didn't feel real. He wasn't seeing his dad and his mom would get home late at night. And to top it off, he now had to deal with teachers who spared him some sympathy because his mother had informed the school of their situation.

Another week had passed by when one night when his mother returned, Hyunjin was awake. He'd heard her answer the phone, heard her voice raise with shock and excitement. Out of curiosity, he left his room, puzzled by what phone call his mother had just endured. When she spotted Hyunjin, she was so happy she didn't even dare to bark at him for the time he was currently up at. She was just so happy.

"They've got a liver for your dad."

And Hyunjin soon understood the giddiness his mom felt. He jumped around, squealed a bit, and wore a bright smile. This had to have been the best news he'd heard in a while. The next day, the surgery took place. His mother promised she'd keep him updated, yet the only text he'd gotten was "Starting now." He'd wondered why she had given so much silence, so when he got home, he quickly called her.

"The transplant failed, the liver didn't work."

Is the response he was met with. Now, Hyunjin didn't know too much about the human body. So when she stated this, he figured they'd just look for another one. Except the thought never crossed his mind that his father was now cut open on a table.

"We have eighteen hours."

And that his father was living on a time limit.
Hyunjin's face fell, and the phone call didn't last much longer. His night was silent and full of misery once again since His mother didn't come home that night. Noon the next day he'd learned just as to why his mother hadn't come home. With only a few hours left to live, another liver had appeared. It had truly been a miracle. For his fathers blood type was the rarest, O-Negative. For another liver to appear that matched his blood type, it truly was a gift from god.