.2.

*Edited*

"Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical."

– SOPHIA LOREN

✧༺♥༻∞

The day everything changed:

People like to believe there are other realities where they're someone they're not. 

Where they get to live out their biggest dreams. If they have a bad day, they hope in their alternate life they're dating their crush; not a care in the world.

I did too. I hoped that I was someone other than a 17 year old, boring, straight A student with one friend and no life outside of school.

Now, well now I wish I could go back to the way things were.

With every care in the world.

It started out as a normal day. 

My mom practically crashed into my bedroom at 6 on the dot and opened up the windows. Groaning, I complained in my sleepy voice, in the way she never understood. I turned over, pulling the covers over my head. I fell back alseep until my own alarm went off at 6:30.

I stared at the ceiling, not wanting to get up just yet. Finally struggling out of bed and stomping to the bathroom, I hopped in the shower where I could get my thoughts together. 

After getting out and drying  off, I threw on a baggy pair of jeans and a tight white with a pink hello kitty in the center. After eating cereal a car horn blared from outside my house. I grabbed my backpack and rushed to my best friend since childhood's car; Brianna. She hates when I make her wait.

When we got to school we went straight to Brianna's locker knowing my boyfriend, Adam wasn't at school yet. 

Brianna is the most awesome person you could ever meet. It's a wonder why she chose me as her best friend, with her rich chocolate skin and silky straightened hair past her shoulders she was beautiful.

She could've been one of the popular kids: she's pretty, shes chill, yet has an upbeat personality. Instead she stuck with me and sadly, I don't fit into the 'popular' spectrum. Don't get me wrong, I'm relatively pretty, but I'm so into school; I don't care for weekend ski trips or parties, even though Brianna is always trying to drag me to one.

Brianna has always been there for me. We've been friends ever since I tripped at recess in kindergarten. Everyone laughed as I stood, covered in mud and shame, but not Bri, she helped me up and brought me to the nurse, never leaving my sight.

She had just started telling me about all the homework Mr. Reed gives his classes, when the 'popular' kids came up to us.

I don't like the term 'popular' because the only things they're known for are their money and looks. They've never won science fair like I have or gotten as many medals as I have at my swim meets.

Not to brag of course.

Anyway, what happened next I wasn't all surprised for, considering it's happened before.

"Well if it isn't Thing One and Thing Two." Megan the leader sneered. 

Brinna gave her best fake grin. "Well if it isn't the Babylon Rogues." She said leaning against the lockers.