.15.

||

"If it's out of your hands, it deserves freedom from your mind, too."

-unknown

||

゜✿ฺ✿゜

Unknown Pov:

I was so fucking close! I should've just skipped the fucking drink!

I stormed down the noisy steps, pushing away the idiot women and boys trying to get their hands on me.

Only my princess will touch me like that.

I have to have her, no, I will have her soon. Very soon.

I caught of glimpse of her as I maneuvered my way around the drunken little asshats and smiled even though she couldn't see me. Even though she didn't know my name.

Names won't matter when she'll be calling me by a different name.

She'll be mine soon enough. And I promise that when she is, I'll make her forget him. Forever.

I had to keep reminding myself of that.

She will be mine.

Skylar:

I wove my way through the crowd as I made my way back to Liam. I found him sitting surrounded by a crowd  all chattering at once.

"OMG, Liam, you were dead!" 

"No way, Bro's alive!"

"Whoa, Liam! How're you here right now?!"

"Shit Liam, how'd you do it?!"

Liam sat, looking quite ready to go. He looked around as if hoping an escape would appear out of thin air, ready to whisk him out. His eyes landed on mine and relief flooded his face and he shot up causing the crowd around him to stir. 

"So sorry to cut this short, but my savior has arrived in her golden chariot! Goodbye now." He  squeezed through, making his way towards me and the crowd dispersed.

I was laughing, as he sighed with joy. "Thank god, Skylar! I didnt think I would ever get out of that." 

He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door. "Come on, let's get out of here." Before we reached the door I remembered something or someone. "Wait, Liam. We're leaving Bri-" My eyes landed on a laughing, dancing blur. She was with a new guy now, sensually dancing in front of him while his arms traced her waist.

"Yeah...I have a feeling Brianna wouldn't mind too much if we left." I grinned and we turned back towards the door.

As we walked I sent Bri a quick text telling her I left.

As soon as we walked out a car right in front caught my eye.

Words written in bright red paint were on the side; No more escapes Liam. The car sped off, tires squealing. I gasped and turned to the person standing beside me. "Liam, wha-"

He shook his head as if he wasn't concerned. "It's alright, they've been doing this just about all day. Letters, messages. It's quite boring now." I stared at him, shocked. "But-but what if they try something again?"

He thought for a second, "If they were going to do something, for one, they wouldn't announce it a stupid high school party and second, they would've been lying low for a bit. It's probably just a bunch of Julia's goons."

I wasn't completely confident in his reasoning, I mean, they did it once right? Why couldn't they try again?

My skepticism must've shown on my face because Liam smiled and slid his arm around my waist, he began walking before saying in a sarcastic voice, "Don't worry, love. I'm very capable of taking care of myself." As he said this, he flexed his muscles making me laugh. 

"Did you know the dung beetle is the strongest animal?" I asked excitingly. 

He chuckled. "How do you know this?" I grinned. "How don't you know this?"

We walked through the neighborhood in silence, his arm around my waist.

The stars were sprinkled across the night sky, stretching on forever, just like that night so many years ago as we lay in similar silence, alone together. 

Suddenly the quiet was interrupted when Liam excitingly said, "Wanna go into the city and watch the view from a rooftop?" I've always wanted to see the view of New York from a rooftop. It's so suffocating and gross here on the ground sometimes.

We decided to run all the way to his car, just for the fun of it. When we got to the car I cheered, declaring that I won. "But we weren't racing!" He insisted pleadingly. I stuck my tongue out and did another victory shout.

The drive was quiet and oddly smoothing, the hum of the car as it drove across the empty roads and the cool air sneaking through the cracked windows. Liam's hands rested on my thigh. 

I love late night drives.

And somehow Liam made it even better.

゜゜゜

HII! I'm sorry this took so long, we just started school and I've had a MAJOR writing block.

I'll try to update more (not making any promises)

Ily my bishes.

Later.

۵