.16.

"City of stars, are you shining just for me?" 

— "City of Stars" from La La Land

༻༺

It was absolutely beautiful from above. The lights seemed to dance in front of my eyes, inviting me to stare. The skyscrapers and twinkling stars seemed to stretch forever. 

As we lay on the old rooftop I realized I've never really appreciated the actual beauty of New York as I did now. 

It was a different feeling compared to when everyone yells, "Back door!" on the bus. Or when you get to witness the amazing style you find only in the city. There was no one yelling about the government or breakdancing with a hat in front of them.

It was just us and the stars.

Just quiet.

But the "quiet" was soon interrupted.

ೄྀ

Unknown PoV:

I followed them.

This was my chance to take her away. My little angel.

I'd spent months, preparing the house. Our house. Her room was huge with a nice combination of soft pinks and neutrals; her favorite. She also likes dark colors like black and brown, something I also prefer, which is why my room will always be an option.

I'd briefed the maids to make sure they knew her favorite things and I'd also gotten her...lady things in case of..bleeding..and her (unnecessary) makeup and stuff like that.

I wanted our new house to feel like home to her. She'll be staying with me for a long time after all.

I didn't leave the party right away, I waited outside in my car until they left. I didn't need to wait too long though, about 10 minutes later I saw them walk out.

 I also saw as an odd car sped off from the front of the house. I hadn't really noticed it before, but it must have been quite a shocker because once the car was gone, Skylar looked terrified for...Liam.

Ugh, I hate even thinking about that asshole's name. I fucked up waiting so long for her. I've waited years. But now, no one will ever steal my angel again. I'll make fucking sure of it.

Anyway, after that, they started walking again and I followed. As they were walking, I saw Liam flex his muscles in a way I could totally beat him. My muscles are no match for his...noodles

I heard a giggle fall from Sky's mouth before she happily said, "Did you know the dung beetle is the strongest animal?" 

I've noticed over the years that she spits out a lot of random facts, especially when she's happy or nervous. That's another adorable aspect of my angel.

After a comfortable silence, Liam suddenly said, "We should go into the city and watch the view from a rooftop." Not expecting her to say yes so quickly, I was shocked at her excitement to leave with him. They ran the entire way to the car and I watched as my angel adorably cheered for herself. Telling myself she'll be joking around with me soon enough, I managed to calm myself down.