.3.

*Edited*

"Smile because it confuses people. Smile because it's easier than explaining what's killing you inside." 

-The Joker

═ ❀•°❀°•❀ ═

Skylar's Pov

So you might be wondering what she talked to us about. Maybe she explained what happened last night. Maybe she told us why I was in her son's bed. Or maybe she told us why she made breakfast.

Ha! Looks like you'll have to wait.

Nothin like a cliffhanger huh?

Enjoy *winks*

Liam's Pov

It started out as a normal day. Ha, bet you've heard that one before. Nothing good ever comes from "It was a normal day."  But I'll let you be the judge of that one.

I woke up to my annoying alarm. Shutting it off, I slumped out of my highly comfortable bed, and trudged to my awaiting bathroom to begin my simple routine.

I took a 15 minute shower, throwing on a graphic tee and black sweats once I finished. I grabbed my bag and jogged downstairs, trying not to make too much noise as my parents were probably still sleeping. Grabbing a banana, I bade goodbye to my maid, who was like a second mother to me. I've even called her mama since I was little.

"I don't want you skipping school again, ok? If I hear you skipped, so help me, I will tell your parents." She warned me as I walked away, wagging her oddly scary finger.

Turning around, I replied, "Yes Mama, I'll do my civic duty and stay in school." As I continued walking I saluted to her and opened the front door.

Laughing, she lightly shoved me out and kissed my cheek before waving me goodbye.

Something my mom rarely does.

As I drove to school, I rolled my window all the way down, even though it was quite chilly out, I liked to feel the cold air on my face every morning.

At school I parked my car and went inside the building. I found Julia, my girlfriend, at her locker talking to her friends. "Hey, Jules." I said, walking up to her. "Hi baby!" she responded. She leaned to me and gave me a peck on the lips before turning back to her conversation.

Quickly growing bored, I went on my phone while Julia and her friends talked. Their conversations tended to be boring and filled with gossip.

After a few minutes Megan, the most popular girl in our school (what a load of bullshit) came up to us.

Megan is always trying to hook up with me, or date me, I don't know her intentions. She's been trying for 6 months (yes, I counted). The same amount of time she's been at this school. I've been with Julia for 8 months so I've always turned down Megans moves.

Megan was accompanied by her two minions Joshua and Caroline.

She turned to me and grinned, batting her blue eyes. "Hey Liam. Awesome win Friday!" As she spoke, she put her hand on my arm. "Thanks, Megan." I responded, shrugging her off.

I'm on the school's swim team and got first in 2 races last Friday.

Swimming is my passion, though my parents wouldn't agree. They think it to be, "Just a hobby."

Megan turned back to Julia. "We still on for tomorrow?" 

"Of course, I'll be there!" Julia responded, grinning. "Great. Later girlie, bye Liam."

"What's happening tomorrow?" I questioned, ignoring her as she walked away.

 "Megan's having a small thing." It's always a 'Small thing' 

 "Oh." I paused, wondering if I should say what's been on my mind. Fuck it.

"Why do you hang out with them? They're so...fake." Her eyes snapped to mine. "No they're not!" She defended. "Alright! alright!" I responded raising my hands in surrender. "Whatever you say.." I mumbled.

We walked down the hall towards Julia's first period. We passed by Megan talking with another girl. Well... it didn't look much like talking but I kept walking.

No need to get involved.

➵➵➵

After school I went home and waited for for Julia. She'd gone to the mall to get things for tomorrow, don't ask me what though.

I was sitting on my couch eating some Classic Lays and watching Shameless. My dad was probably at work and my mom most likely tagged along.

My dad is a Mafia boss. I'm the underboss set to take over when the time comes, not that I want to.

I was watching the part of Shameless where Mickey beat up Ian, when the doorbell rang. I hopped up and jogged to open it. Julia was standing outside looking at her phone. I opened the door and she grinned leaning in to peck me on the cheek

"Heyyy." She giggled out, slightly swaying.

 "Hey...?" I shifted to my other foot. "Are you drunk?" I asked.

She shrugged, "I just had a little." She responded before brushing past me into the foyer.

Rolling my eyes, I followed.

We went to my room and I played Shameless again. She sighed and turned to me. "Can watch something new? I'm tired of this show." I looked at her, confused. She said she loved this show.

"Yeah sure, what do you wanna watch?"

She thought for a few seconds before smiling. "Let's watch Clueless!" 

"We watched that two weeks ago, Jules." I didn't like that movie at all.

"I knowww, but I love that movie! Come onnn, Liam!" She nudged me with her toe.

Sighing, I played Clueless.

Kill me now.

After about an hour I heard a loud crack. It wasn't a sound I've heard before.

I turned to Julia. "Hey, keep it down, Jules. You wanted to watch this."

She looked over at me, confusion in her eyes.

 "That wasn't me!" "Well what was it then, Julia?" I rolled my eyes, getting upset.

  "I don't kn-" She didn't get to finish, her sentence cut short by an ear-splitting, continuous noise. 

"Julia?!" I called out for the one person I thought could give me comfort in the endless white, empty space.

I thought.

And then...everything went dark.

And her and everything familiar to me, was gone.