.9.

||

"It was his fault really, She had run out of things to dream."

-Atticus

||

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

||

Gosh, this shit is boring! I've been handing out coffee's nonstop for three hours. I was sitting in the back when I heard the door open. 

Sighing, I reluctantly stood and walked to the front, not looking up.

"Hey, welcome to Stop and Sip, what can I get you to sip tod-" I looked up and made eye contact with non other than Liam.

He smiled at me. "Can I get an iced Mocha latte?" You can have more than that. No, stop it. "um yea" I turned to make his order, feeling his eyes on me the entire time.

"Have a good day" I said, handing him his drink. He laughed. "So I don't have to pay?" 

Shit, my dumbass forgot to charge him.

"Um sorry, im just really tired. That'll be $3.21" 

Smiling, he pulled out a crisp 5 dollar bill. "Keep the change." He started to turn but then stopped.

"Hey, Sky?" uh-oh.

"Yes?"  He paused, he seemed..nervous? The Liam Marino, nervous? That was not something you see everyday.

He scratched his head. "Did you maybe want to go out with me?" 

What? 

I was stunned.

"Um, y-yea. Sure."

He grinned and my heart melted.

 "How does Friday sound?" I returned his smile before answering, "Yeah, Fridays good."

"Bye Clark" He turned and left, waving before he walked through the door. I saw him through the window triumphantly pump his fist in the air, grinning from ear to ear.

  ➵➵

The whole week went by like a blur until, finally, it was finally Friday. The day of the date.

Bri was helping me get ready and we were blasting, Without me by Eminem through the empty house.

"And get ready 'cause this shit's about to get heavy

I just settled all my lawsuits,"

We screamed the next part in unison, "'Fuck you, Debbie!'"

We turned to each other, ready for the next part.

"Now this looks like a job for me
So everybody just follow me
'Cause we need a little controversy

'Cause it feels so empty without me"

 We sang, though shouted would be a better term, the rest of the lyrics.

Laughing, I walked to the mirror to look at my outfit.