cHapTeR tEn

[I'm sorry about this one it sucks because its two a.m lmao]
This contains mentions of self harm and suicide btw, read with caution!!

Olivia was glaring daggers at everyone around her, including Jack. You gulped and backed away as a fight immediately broke out. Ben grabbed your hand and the two of you dashed off to avoid drama, gasping as you reached a bench on the other side of the area.

"I'm not staying behind for this shit. I'm calling my uncle to pick us up and take us to the teen pub across town." You nodded, gasping for air as the blonde dialed a number and started hastily talking to presumably his uncle. Finally catching your breath, your shoulders deflated. Ben slumped next to you as he put his phone away, grunting. "Today was supposed to be fun, but it sucks so far." You agreed silently, staring blankly off in the distance.

"Maybe the pub will be fun. We can have burgers and ice tea, yeah?" He asked. Trying to lighten the mood as well, you nodded. "Uh, yeah. Sure. Maybe get some candy too?" Benito smiled lightly in agreement.

××××××

The fairy lights were strung up around the building, almost making it seem like a real bar. The inside, however, was different. It was chill, beanbags, LED color changing lights, T.Vs, gaming stations, chill teens. Everything was nice. You sat on a barstool with Benito, sharing a king sized dark mint KitKat. Sniffing, you watched as the couple beside you both shared a milkshake. Despite everything, today just felt genuinely crappy.

You just wanted to sleep right now. And never wake up. Erase this pitiful day. Until, of course, a group of boys entered. One of which was Michael, who immediately spotted you out. His friends snickered and hit his shoulder as he walked over, leaning beside you.

"Hey, Y/N. What're you doing at Local Hotel?" Local Hotel was the name of the joint, which was surprisingly decent. "I'm here with a Friend. This is Benito," you motioned towards the blonde, who seemed to be lost in his own pity as well. "You're both in shit moods," one of the boys piped up. The one next to him elbowed him in the stomach, coughing as an apology.

"Shut up, Devon," Michael whisper-yelled. "Anyways, can we sit with you? We were gonna try and get a girl's number but I doubt these dweebs can do anything." You shrugged and smirked. "More the merrier, I suppose."

His friends all sat down, immediately ordering pizza and frozen yogurts. You studied them, trying to catch their vibes. The first one, Devon, had matching hair with Michael. His eyes were dark green, however. He was tan with lots and lots of freckles. The boy who had elbowed him had slightly curly dark red hair and bright blue eyes, very pale skin, and very long feminine lashes. Truly a fem boy artist's greatest model.

The other, more quite, taller one had light violet hair. It was shaved on one side and long on the other, his emo black glasses and makeup showing his whole persona. As Michael finished ordering, he pointed to each kid. "The rude ass is Devon, the girly one is Oscar, and the emo man is Joshua." Joshua glanced over, adjusting his glasses, and waving slightly. Joshua's tshirt had moved slightly, which showed many scars over a small patch of skin... Oh...

He was the polite one of the group. Lovely... You waved back, watching Oscar and Devon whisper between themselves, snickering. "Aye, you got something to say?" Mike asked, raising a brow. Devon grinned, shrugging. "Small pee-pee", he stated, laughing as Oscar hit him again. You sighed, watching the group argue, though Joshua just sipped his milkshake and set in some ear buds.

It took a while, but eventually you left, Michael and Ben in tow. His other friends stayed, and you agreed to walk Michael home. Benito just wanted to steal your warmth, attached to your shoulder as the middle of the day had already turned gray and wet with heavy clouds. It was funny. honestly. How a nice, breezy day had turned into this.

Soon the clouds started letting little droplets. Benito yelped as one landed on his nose, making you and Michael giggle. This silence eventually stopped upon letting Benito off at his stop. Michael turned his head to you, looking down. "So... Are you dating my dad?" You shook your head. "No, I already explained- I think. I have shit memory. I'm a teen, he's an old man.'

Michael blinked, looking up at you as the pace slowed. "I heard him say something about you when he was talking on the phone two or so days ago." you shrugged, "yeah, and?"

"I think... He likes you." Michael stated simply, looking forward. You shook your head, laughing humorlessly. "I don't think your dad is a pedophile, Mike. Besides, we actually hate each other. Our relationship is tolerable." You explained calmly, trying not to grit your teeth at the idea of ever dating that... Weird ass man.

Sighing, Mike nodded. "Okay.... I just wanted you to know so you wouldn't know what mom went through." That sentence caught you off guard, air hitching in your throat. What the hell was he talking about? Did William abuse Lora in front of Mike? Did Mike know about her... Death?

He seemed to catch your silence easily, running a hand through his hair. "Dad didn't ever physically hurt mom until... Last night. I remember when I was like three, she and him were fighting really bad. And then dad was gone in the bathroom for a while. I went in there after a while and he was laying in a pool of his own blood in the bathtub. He said something like "This isn't your fault, kid. It's the b word's."

You nodded, shuddering. "I'm sorry, Michael. That sounds like it was kind of... Traumatizing." He shrugged, looking away again. "Its okay, I'm used to it. That's why I take care of Liz and Evan." You nodded in understanding, thankful when you approached the door to his house.

Michael thanked you and entered, shutting the door softly. Your phone suddenly started buzzing, making you roll your eyes. Pulling it from your belly bottom's pocket, your eyes flashed in annoyance. It was Olivia. Pressing answer, you lifted the phone to your ear.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Y/N! Charlie got stabbed after he left the fucking park! Get to the hospital now!"

"What?!"