chapter eighteen

Actually some plot being progressed here lolololol

You and Benito fell asleep during the movie and he was gone when you woke up. So was Will, but his faint smell of alcohol still lingered. Cringing internally, you tried to erase yesterdays memories as you stretched and went upstairs to change. One white turtleneck with baggy black pants later, you flew down the stairs.

You missed Henry and Pluto, a lot. Crying mentally, you grabbed an Eggo and scarfed it down. What should you do today? The doorbell ringed as you jumped, eyes wide. Making your way to the door, you jumped when you saw Michael, Elizabeth, Evan, and William. Michael was intently staring at his gameboy, Liz was trying to take Evan's stuffed animal, and Will just checked his watch.

"Hey, what's up?" You asked, leaning against the door frame. "You're gonna come with us to check out the remodeled diner. Be out in five," William stated, abruptly turning on his heel towards his car. You rolled your eyes and shut the door. Throwing on your platformed boots, you locked the house and shoved the key and your phone into your jean's pocket.

You were thankful the kids were in the back, quickly entering the front and putting your seatbelt on. Only two minutes into the silent ride and Evan began sobbing, Michael groaning as William scowled. Turning around, you gave a sympathetic look to the boy. "Hey, hey. What's wrong?" you whispered.

"Beth keeps taking Fredbear!" He whimpered, wiping tears off his cheeks. You looked to Elizabeth narrowly, her soft green eyes growing big. "B-but I want a stuffy too;" she cried, near wailing as William huffed again.

You gritted your teeth before smiling. "Give Evan his bear back and I'll get you a pretty unicorn plushie, okay?" The girl threw the bear back, bouncing in her seat. "Yay! Yay! Yay! Mommy's getting me a pony stuff, Mike!"

He let out a hum as he continued focusing on his pokemon game, eyes dead center on the screen. You turned back forward, glancing at the irritated British man on your left. He met your gaze, a brief flash of guilt in his own eyes. You didn't question it, as he always had some weirdness about him. Perhaps that was an apology for yesterday?

Regardless, you shrugged it off and pulled out your phone to text Olivia.

Y/N: Hey hoe

Olivia: what bitvh

Y/N: 'bitvh'

Olivia: stfu

Y/N: Lmao anyways, Imma be outta town today. Wyd?

Olivia: ur mom
Olivia: nah fr Im going to the lake again

Y/N: damn. If my bf's there send me pics 👁👁🔥

Olivia: for sure will 😩

You closed the message, giggling silently. Opening up Crunchyroll, you checked for new episodes of Fate/Grand Order before suddenly the car stopped. Looking up, you were surprised to see a small diner with a massive yellow bear on the sign. "Fredbear's Family Diner."

Anxiety swelled in your chest. It seemed oddly familiar now that you looked at the building. "Y/NNNNNN! LET'S GOOO!" Lizzy yelled, unbuckling as fast as possible and jumping out of the Camaro. Mike and Evan got out with less enthusiasm, same as you.

You gripped yourself in an arm cross, eyes narrowing as William unlocked the front doors. Why did it reek of despair in there? You entered and swallowed, eyebrows raising as you caught sight of two animatronics on a stage. One, the mascot. A golden bear with a small purple bow and top hat. Beside it, a green rabbit with a banjo.

Nostalgia slammed into you like a wall of bricks.

"Daddy! Higher!" You yelled, your father laughing as he threw you up in the air and caught you. "Derek! She's gonna get hurt!" Your mom scolded. You giggled as he shushed her. "Listen to Luanne, Derek. I can't handle another lawsuit," Henry joked, finishing a cup of... Juice, maybe?

Your father laughed and pointed to the stage. "See those, girlie? Aren't they so cool?" You giggled and clapped your hands, nodding. "So, where's your newbie?" You mom asked, sipping her soda. "Oh, Will? He's a kinda skittish kid. I actually have zero idea where he's at."

You jumped off your dad's lap, pulling at Henry's pant leg. "Chaw-wie," you babbled, looking up at the young man. He chuckled and pointed a couple doors down the hall. "Char-Char is in there, Y/N." You wobbled down the hall, barely tall enough to pull the handle of the door. Just as you did, someone came flying out, knocking their knee into your head.

You fell, eyes bewildered as tears entered your gaze. You didn't wail, however, as darkness immediately consumed your tiny, four year old body.

You swallowed, rubbing your eyes. You had been here once. With your parents... And William... He, he had worked here too. Presumably as a young teenager. Your thoughts were put on hold when William grabbed you by the forearm. "I need to show you something," he muttered, glancing at his preoccupied kids. You nodded, eyes darkening when he led you to a room you just barely remembered.

You entered, rubbing your head. Clean animatronic suits were hung on racks, a few extra heads mounted as well. The door lock clicked as you jumped, turning around. William sushed you, smiling lightly. "I'm not going to hurt you," he reassured, leaning down to tap on the wall. A black piece moved from the checkered pattern. It came out with ease, revealing itself to be a painted breezeblock.

You bit your lip as he pulled out two VHS tapes, tapping them with his index before reaching them out to you. You hesitantly took them, eyes widening. Both were dated in old sharpie for your fourth birthday. "Take them, burn them, and I'll stop bothering you." He stated.

You jumped and looked up, eyes surprised as he seemed genuine. "W-what? Just like that?"

He nodded, sighing. "The police have been waiting to find those forever. Every time I buy burning materials, they investigate it. I'm still a prime suspect, after all. So please, burn those. I promise I'll stop stalking and threatening you. I would advise not speaking about what you saw, though."

You nodded and stuck out your hand, shaking his own. "Deal. Can we go home now?" He nodded and then stiffened as you gave him a hug, body hardening as you nuzzled into him. "Thanks Willy. You don't even know how much peace this is gonna bring me."

He smirked into your hair, finally hugging you back. Eyes gleaming, he nodded slowly. "Mhm. Peace."