ċɦaքtɛʀ tաɛʟʋɛ

You were staring at your waffles, not hungry in any aspect. William was watching you as he chewed silently, the three children talking nonstop. It was evident Elizabeth was still pouting over something, as every time she spoke, she'd glare at her father. Evan and Michael were arguing back and forth. Despite the younger being almost in tears, William didn't step in, rather watching it. He looked almost amused.

Lizzy prodded your plate with her fork, eyes shining. "If you don't want your waffles, I'll eat them!" She exclaimed, looking at you for permission. You gently shoved the plate towards the girl, swallowing when Mike gave you a concerned look. When Evan and Lizzy were both occupied with a school discussion, Mike made a motion for you to follow him as he got up to take his dish to the sink.

You followed, glad neither of the chatty kids- or their father, took any note of this. You sighed and ran a hand through your hair as Michael washed water over his plate. "Dad told you I saw your frantic breakdown outside, right?" He whispered, as to which you nodded. He raised his eyebrows, as to which you shuddered. "Your son of a bitch father stabbed my boyfriend," you lowly replied. He didn't look too surprised, though a bit irritated.

"Oh, so you're familiar with his killing shit too?" The teen questioned, rolling his eyes. "I'm surprised you do," you whispered back. Chuckling lightly, he then frowned. "My father doesn't need to hide things from me. I'm the most understanding of the situation, and I'm used to it. I've see. him murder multiple people. Which is another reason I hate yet tolerate his stupid ass."

You nodded, flinching when Lizzy burst into the kitchen, throwing her plate in the sink with a loud "clank!" And skipping away. Michael's shoulders deflated as he grunted, looking up at the clock. "You wanna sleep in my room? It's big enough, and my sister's old bed is still in there. The guest room has a few... Stains." You shuddered as he said the last part, and thankfully nodded.

The two of you rushed upstairs, him locking the door as you entered. "Safety," he stated simply, which you understood completely. The room was a light gray, and two beds we're set up, distanced six or so feet apart. One was dark red and dark gray, the other a light blue. You flopped down on the light blue one, sighing shakily.

"I'm sorry about what he did, if it makes you feel any better." Michael acknowledged, playing with his hands awkwardly. "You're really considerate for your age, Mike," you ran a hand through your hair, clicking your tongue. "Its sad you never probably got the chance to be a kid."

He grunted, but didn't respond. The sound of something booting up made you jump lightly, looking over. Mike had pulled out his Xbox, signing in. "Wanna play Minecraft?" He asked, not looking away from the screen. You joined him, grabbing the other controller. After that, you two had a great nice, laughing and blowing each other's structures up.

As morning approached, you were laying on the floor with him cuddling against you. He really was a fluff ball personality wise, with a tough exterior. Probably was gonna have major trauma as an adult. You kept tracing circles on his back, soothing him as he slept.

The whole feeling of the day had kept you awake. It had completely sucked. And hopefully, nothing else would go bad. Of course, because plots exist, as soon as you thought that, you heart the door knob start jerking. Groaning silently, you put Mike up on his bed, and put your airpods in his ears. Turning on your phone, you turned on some white noise for him, and then slowly made your way to the door.

You unlocked it, and stepped out, closing it gently. William was flush against you, as you had to move him so he wouldn't step inside. "What? Mike's asleep, it's four a.m," you whispered.

You then noticed the smell. Alchohol. William looked completely out of it, and he was sniffling. He hugged you, stuffing his nose into your neck. "You show him so much affection," he slurred, a slight sob wracking his body. "I want affection, too!"

You shushed him and grunted, helping the drunk and sobbing man down the stairs. You tried to push him onto the couch, but he pulled you down with him, still crying lightly. "I looooveeee youuuuuu, my darlingggg!" You let out a "hnnng" in disgust, trying desperately to get up. His hold, which was stone hard, kept you in place. And that was where you stayed for another hour, until the drunken man fell asleep.

You raced upstairs to check on Mike, who was still asleep. You undid your evice and their matching airpods. Laying down, you drifted off to sleep. Peaceful dreams were granted to you, until someone's small hand shook you awake. You sniffed and gently opened your eyes. Evan was standing by the bedside, looking at you. "Daddy said to get up, it's one p.m..." he whispered kindly, almost as if he pitied you.

You nodded and ruffled his hair, watching him giggle and run downstairs as you sat up. Looking over, you saw a digital clock, which read "one twenty one". Sighing, you braced yourself mentally for whatever William had planned for today, and made your way to the stairs.