part 6

Even if Michael did have his date with Calum, he was tired of having to listen to Luke go on about Ashton. With an hour to try to get Luke tand Ashton together, Michael had no plan. He just was going to walk with Luke from the college to the radio station. and hopefully some plan would form.

The liliac haired boy sat criss-cross against a tree outside waiting for Luke. He was only playing Crossy Road, earlier he was talking to Calum, but customers had taken away the boy's attention. Looking up randomly, Michael saw Ashton coming out of the building.

Michael jumped up and stumbled forward before breaking into a run to talk to Ashton. "Ashton!" He called, catching the attention of the golden slight curly haired boy. "Hey. I'm Michael, Luke's friend," Quickly introducing himself, Michael still didn't have a plan. He was making it all up.

"Oh, hey! I've listened to your show, it's really good." Ashton complimented with a smile.

"Thanks! I was wondering if-" Michael started before he cut off by none other than Luke Hemmings.

"Hey Mikey and Ash." Luke greeted, giving Michael a stare and not noticing the heart eyes Ashton was sending, "Mikey, you ready to go to the radio station?"

Michael looked between Luke and Ashton before turning to the smaller boy. "Wanna come with Ashton?" The boy took a step back in surprise before blabbering for a second. "C'mon! It'd be fun. You can hang out with Luke! You two could makeout, he could teach you soundboard stuff, how they play songs on the radio, all the cool stuff."

"One of those things was not like the others." Ashton commented, still a bit shocked by the sudden offer. "But, uh, sure, I guess. If Luke doesn't mind. Luke?"

"'Course he doesn't. C'mon." Michael started walking along, not giving the two confused boys another glance.

-

At the station, Michael was being his normal intern self. Helping out here and therem doing coffee runs. He still had another half hour before Louis would be done with his show. So he waited leaning against the wall ignoring Luke and Ashton while looking at the text from Calum.

From: Cute Bakery Boy:
you on the radio today?

To: Cute Bakery Boy
yuuuup
you better be listening

From: Cute Bakery Boy
of course :)

To: Cute Bakery Boy
yay! :D

Michael stared down at his phone until he saw Louis walking out. He smiled at the older boy as he got up and went to put on the headphones and sit down.

A R5 song was playing so Michael hummed along to that, looking over at Luke and Ashton. Again seeing the heart eyes Ashton was sending, but Luke not paying attention. He sighed and shook his head at the two boys with crushes on each other.

Soon the song faded out and Michael was going live.

"Hey, hi, hello. It's Michael here, covering for Niall Horan who should be back next week! I know you all will miss my wonderful voice, but sadly I am just an intern. Anyway, I think today's subject should be crushes. I know we're getting a little love centric here, but goddammit people if I have to go one more day hearing about someones bum other than Calum's, I will become a monk." Michael threatened, laughing a bit at the end.

"Side note, Calum's bum is extremely cute." He said in complete seriousness, knowing Calum would be listening to the show. "Now, back to the topic. Crushes, who is yours? Why haven't you told them you're crushing on them? Or if you have, what happened? I am curious." Michael rattled off the number to call before annoucing the next song.

From: Cute Bakery Boy
you just called my butt cute on the radio
....
that is kinda hot
not gonna lie
also plllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssseeeee tell me this crushing friend you're talking about it luke
and ashton is his crush
pls
pls
pls

To: Cute Bakery Boy
should i compliment you more ;)
also, yeah
you should hear luke go on about ashton

From: Cute Bakery Boy
lol
those two are idiots
ashton has been crushing on luke all year

To: Cute Bakery Boy
can i seriously just yell at them to kiss????????

From: Cute Bakery Boy
michael no

To: Cute Bakery Boy
michael yes ;)

Michael was so distracted texting Calum that he didn't even notice that he was supposed to be on air. Hearing a tap made him jump and look over at Luke and Ashton. Both looked confused and amused. That's when Michael realized it was silent.

"Shhh-I'm not supposed to swear on radio. Um, hey. Sorry, I was distracted. So back to the subject of crushes." Michael chatted with a couple people about their crushes and it was more interesting than he thought it would be.

The lilac was having fun being some sort of radio love doctor. Not that he was ever really experienced with relationships, but he's watched plenty of movies. He figured that should be good enough.

-

It was nearing the end of the show when Michael turned in his chair before winking at Luke and Ashton. Watching both of them he spoke into the mic. "So Luke, who is your crush?" The blond was glaring at him, but Michael continued. "He's in your music class yeah? You really should ask him out, just saying."

Michael looked over to Ashton and then back to Luke before shrugging and closing out the show. He wasn't going to meddle too much. It seemed like way too much work. The lilac haired boy was just going to put the idea there.

Now he was going to go visit Calum, it was only Thursday so he still had another couple days to wait for their date, but he still liked seeing the tanned boy.

Strolling into the bakery he didn't see Calum at first, but soon the boy boy came out mostly covered in white powder which Michael assumed was flour. As much as he wanted to deny that he giggled at the sight of Calum, he couldn't. He giggled and Calum totally heard it from the small glare he sent.

"So..." Michael giggled again. "Hows the baking going?" Calum stayed silent still glaring at the liliac haired boy. "You look like an upset puppy." Michael commented, cocking his head to the side and squinting a bit at the boy.

"You look like an amused kitten who never got flour to somehow explode in his face. I don't even know how I did it!" Calum sighed and banged his forheard on the counter a couple times. Only to stop when Michael dragged him away.

"Calm down, pup. It's not the end of the world. Hey! I could try and help you." He offered with a smile.

"Are you willing to get up at 9am to come help?" Calum countered, raising an eyebrow at Michael.

The liliac haired boy paused but then nodded. "Yes, kiwi Calum whatever your middle name is Hood. I will get up before 10am just you help you bake."

"Great and it's Thomas." Calum smiled at Michael, who smiled back.

______________________________
I KNOW I SAID THE NEXT CHAPTER WOULD HAVE MALUM DATE, BUT TIMELINES PEOPLE TIMELINES. I GOTTA KEEP MY TIMELINE STRAIGHT ALSO FRIDAY WOULD BE THE LAST DAY OF MICHAEL BEING RADIO HOST CAUSE NIALL COMING BACK AND STUFF SO YA THINGS NEED TO HAPPEN BEFORE DATE. tho in apology i'mma give you all malum baking in next chapyer cause why not. it'll be adorable. kay? kay.