Chapter 3

It became a normal occurrence. Louis would find some reason to get Michael onto the radio and the lilac haired boy started to come to the station mildly expecting to find himself on air. Louis show was slowly becoming The Tommo show, Ft. Michael Clifford. Everyone seemed to love it. Louis kept talking about Michael should get his own show since he thought it would be amazing. Michael always denied saying he wouldn't be able to tease Louis on live radio. Only the one day he came in changed everything.

Michael lounged on a sofa as he watched the radio show. Luke had everything set from the technical point and Louis hadn't found a reason to get him on. No one had ordered him to do anything so he was just playing a game on his phone.

He was so close to beating the level which he'd been spending an hour on, but when Liam Payne walked in he stopped. Liam was the boss of the radio station, he was a nice guy and everyone liked him. When Louis noticed Liam the radio host quickly went to another song and then moved out to meet him.

"Liam! What're doing here?" Louis asked the question that everyone was thinking.

"Niall is out of town on holiday. We need someone to cover his show. Do you want to cover his for the next week?" Liam was to the point. Michael understood though. There was only another half hour until Niall was supposed to be on; although Michael didn't trust the impish glint in Louis' eyes.

The smaller boy put his arm around Liam's shoulders and turned him to look at Michael. "There's your replacement. He been on my show a couple times now and everyone has loved him. He even covered when I got the call from Harry." Liam nodded along as he seemed to be listening intently.

"Would you be willing to cover Niall's show? It's two hours and we'd pay you." Liam asked now looking at Michael. While Michael was still in shock at the offer to host a show for two hours a possible ex-best friend answered for him.

"Yes, he'll do it." Luke answered for him as Louis nodded. Then the brunet boy started to push Liam out saying how it was lovely to have him over and come back soon. Without letting Michael put a word in. Once he was out Louis ran back to the mic and announced that Michael would be taking over Niall for the next week.

***

Twenty minutes later Michael was on air. "Hello, Michael Clifford here. I'm filling in for Niall Horan who's on holiday. I feel like for the week we should call this something that's not Irish Bro. One, I'm not Irish and two; I'm not calling it Australian bro. So to everyone who can tell I'm Australian, we're not calling it that. Now we'll play a couple songs and in the meantime, anyone who's listening should think of a good name then call in with your suggestion. Now enjoy the musical styling of Katy Perry, Roar."

Michael spun around in the chair while lip syncing the song, making Luke giggle as he watched. The two lip synced ridiculously at each other while the songs continued to play. Michael decided that Luke had reclaimed his best friend status and was no longer an ex-best friend.

The song ended, Michael got the name of the caller from Luke, and so he was prepared. "That was Roar by Katy Perry and now we move on to a caller." Michael paused for second then deciding to have a little fun he started in his best extremely fake British accent. "'Ello, is this Calum?"

Obviously Calum appreciated Michael attempt as he returned in a fake British accent. "Ah, yes it is Calum."

"Brilliant! How are you doing this fine evening, my good sir?" Michael had to suppress the laugh threatening to overtake him.

"Simply brilliant. I'm enjoying some fine coffee with a cupcake." Calum replied.

Michael seeing an opportunity to use a American accent, did so. "Now that sounds more American of you. Are you sure your totally awesome British accent matches your food choices?"

Calum reasoned in something sounding mixed to him. He couldn't place the accent. "Nah, I'm not even British."

" I feel betrayed Calum. You lead me to believe that you're British and now you're not. Next you're telling me you're kiwi." Michael joked, but there was silence on the other end. "Wait, are you actually kiwi? Calum? Calum!"

Pretty soon there was laughter on the other end. "I-I'm sorry. I brought meaning to rolling on the floor and laughing."

It was Michael's turn to be silent. "I was actually worried there for a second. So fuck you, Calum." His comment just brought more laughter through the other line. "What song do you want kiwi Calum?"

"I want One for the Radio by Mcfly and I will dedicate it to you." Calum said a bit breathless.

Michael grinned a bit at the dedication. "Okay, Calum. You still aren't forgiven for worrying me though. You have to try harder. Here's One for the Radio by Mcfly and dedicated to me!"

Once the song started playing Luke came in. "You shouldn't swear on radio." The lilac haired just shrugged at Luke. He had no regrets for his words. Luke shook his head and walked back to do his own job.

"And I am back. Calum, if you are listening which you should be - cause if not then that's another strike against you and you'll only have one strike before I kick you out of the Little Cliffords, but you got me in trouble with Luke for swearing on the radio. Luke wasn't very punishing though. It was more like getting punished by a dead squid. All squishy and not threatening, but I guess Luke could fall under that saying of 'shy in the streets and freaky in the sheets' or something like that. You all should know what I'm talking about, Luke especially." Michael talked for a few more minutes, and then played more songs.

The time flew by and soon his two hours were over and he was allowed to leave, which he and Luke did as they were no longer need for the day. They went to their shared flat to play FIFA.

updateeeee timeeeeee! sooo question time. where do you want this fic to go? cause right now i'm not sure where it's going. so like give me your thoughts and what you want to happen!