part 8

Waking up Saturday was a little strange. Michael didn't have anything he needed to be besides maybe get some milk. It was weird for him to think that he didn't have a radio show anymore. Niall would be back Monday and Michael's internship was almost over. He would have to get an actual job of some sort.

Although worrying about jobs was a problem for another day. Michael didn't feel like thinking about it. He was going to play video games for half the day and eat pizza. His typical Saturday.

He would definitely visit Calum. Even if he has seen the boy a bit over the past few days, he still liked talking to him and hanging out. Michael also had to plan their date for Sunday. He had an idea of what he might do and a backup plan if that failed.

Thinking more about it, Michael decided to just visit Calum now. He would also pick up some Starbucks because he felt like having a frappuccino.  Michael decided to text Calum as he walked in case the boy wanted anything from Starbucks.

To: Cute Bakery Boy

do you want starbucks?

From: Cute Bakery Boy

are you offering?

To: Cute Bakery Boy

yeah

From: Cute Bakery Boy

yeeessss pls

i'd love a medium chai :)

To: Cute Bakery Boy

okay!

i'll be over in a little bit

As soon as Michael had both drinks, a chai for Calum and a vanilla bean frappuccino for himself, he started heading to the bakery.

"Do you own this bakery?" Michael asked as he entered the bakery and saw Calum cleaning the tables

"In a way, yeah." Calum mumbled, finishing cleaning a table before looking at Michael. "My family owns it. I happen to be the one who's working here the most. My mum is here on my days off. Why?" Michael shrugged nonchalantly as he handed the chai to Calum and sat at one of the tables.

"Just wondering. You're always working when I come over." Michael said with a shrug. "Would you have an hiring opportunities?" The boy questioned. He needed to start thinking about getting an actual job. Sure he was still an intern at the station, but he wasn't paid and his time was almost up. Michael was expecting to have to go job hunting soon.

Calum shook his head with a sly smile as he sat down across from Michael. "As much as I want to say yes, I think you already have a job."

"I'm an unpaid intern. It's hardly a job, but it's fun." Michael squinted his eyes at Calum, who had this look that he knew something Michael didn't. "What do you know?"

"Oh, nothing." He shrugged going back to icing cupcakes.

Before Michael could question further the bell above the door sounded and Calum went out to do his job. The boy stayed in seated, thinking and listening to the conversation Calum was having with some guys named Jack and Alex.

He played the the strands of his hair, thinking that he should redye it. Maybe a darker purple, or pink. Why not go pink? If he could work lilac he should be able to work pink.

In the middle of examining his strands of hair the bakery became more quiet and Calum came back. He titled his head to the side, watching Michael like a confused puppy. The boy looked up with a questioning glance at Calum. "What's that confused puppy look for?"

Calum froze and stared at Michael for a minute. The boy shifted nervously under Calum's stare, he wasn't sure what was going on and he didn't like not knowing what was happening.

"Louis didn't tell you that you needed to go to the radio station for a meeting today?" Calum finally spoke.

Michael opened his mouth to reply, but his phone buzzed with a text notification.

From: Tommo

MICHAEL GORDON

WHERE ARE YOU?

YOU ARE LATE

SHIT I DIDN'T TELL YOU

GET TO THE STATION IN AN HOUR

"Um, okay. I just got a text from him saying I'm late and I have an hour. What is going on?"

Calum sighed and shook his head as he mumbled something about Louis, but Michael wasn't paying enough attention to catch it. The boy looked up at Michael. "You're being offered an actual radio show."

_________________

i give you all this cause you deserve an update and this all i got for a chapter sooo yeah.
sorry that it's kinda eh, but idk what i'm doing. i think there's only gonna be one more chapter than some sort of epilogue thing.