Chapter 9: Race and announcement

Author: Heyo!!! Sorry about this MAJOR delay in updates! Got sucked into major working hours^^
_______________

Present Mic: CONTESTANTS! PLEASE HEAD TO THE TUNNEL FOR THE START OF THE RACE!

There was a sudden sound of a smack and feedback that got the audience to wince.

Aizawa: Stop shouting with your quirk.

Everyone sweatdrops at the interaction before turning their attention to the large screens as the feed showed everyone preparing for the race.

However, what no one else knew was that Class 1B was different than they were a mere couple weeks ago. Every day, 11 hours were committed to training in combat, quirk mastery and body conditioning. While everyone grew exponentially in their respective rights, there were only a handful out of 1B that really stood out as the strongest.

Author: That will be kept a secret! Also! I got someone to join me in my commentary! Everyone! Meet Sans!

sans: you means 'sans' right? no caps in my name.

Author: Right! Sorry! Anywho, ready to commentate this series with me?

sans: eh, 'tibia'onest just ready to see some butts get kicked.

Author: Did you... I hate you.

sans: ya love me. saw the creepy fanfictions to prove it.

Author: WHO SAID YOU CAN GO IN MY ROOM- KNOW WHAT!? BACK TO THE STORY!

Midnight: And... go!

The signal was sounded and it set the classes of U.A's first years into action. Almost immediately, the entire entrance and surrounding of the tunnel was encased in ice, possibly due to the Todoroki Twins.

Despite the effort, many of 1-A and all of 1B managed to avoid the ice trap or easily break through the intended trap.

Present Mic: And they're off! Looks like the plan to foil the other students didn't go well! A good effort on Class 1-A's Todoroki Twins!

Aizawa: I agree. However, it seems that none of 1B were caught in the trap. Interesting.

Aizawa's tired tone commentated the beginning of the race as the students rushed out, knocking aside any icy debris.
________________

Now down where the students are, it seemed that the twins were a little ticked about their plan to halt the others advances fell.

Shoto: How did they get out of it so easily?

Shoka: That doesn't matter. We have a lead, no matter how small, we have to make it count.

sans: talk about an 'ice breaker'.

Author: Oh my god sans...

In a flurry of ice, the twins were sent down the course, closely followed by bursts of green and dual clouds of explosions. What the five didn't notice was that they had a large crowd of pursuits chasing them down.

Present Mic: Looks like they made it to the first obstacle! ROBO-INFERNO!

?: No way... THAT WAS IN THE ENTRANCE EXAM!?

?: THEY'RE HUGE!

Author: You says anything similar to 'that's what she said' i will literally ban all ketchup.

sans: shutting up.

A multitude of massive zero pointers blocked the way of the students, each one aiming their sights on stopping their advance forward.